eCommerce, Financial Services, Payments
About the Client
Our client has a long history of solving complex problems and providing innovative solutions for other businesses. They are inventing the next frontier of connected commerce. They enable merchants to levarage their trusted, seamless buying experience to allow more than 300 million active customers to purchase from them - online, in-store, and across an expanding array of consumer devices.
About the Job
As a security engineer, you will design and build highly secure systems. You will provide design support to other engineers, and ensure the right security processes are in place. You will need to be an owner that’s passionate about our customers. You will also need to be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Design and review our client's systems from a security engineering perspective
- Engineer security controls to protect data and systems
- Provide security policy guidance and consultation
- Evangelize security within the company and be an advocate for customer trust
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or 3+ years relevant experience
- At least 2 years of experience in system, network and/or application security engineering
- Consistent track record implementing security solutions at the business unit level
- Excellent knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Knowledge of Internet protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, TACACS, IPSEC, SNMP, SYSLOG)
- Strong scripting skills in multiple common languages (e.g. Python Ruby, bash)
- Experience in deploying and supporting web and/or payment applications in a 24x7 production environment
- Excellent communication, documentation, work prioritization and analytical skills
- Proven design skills
- Previous experience building PCI compliant systems within payments realm, e.g. payment gateways, processors, card issuers, banks, etc.
- Professional experience and detailed technical knowledge in multiple areas of: security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services security
- Experience with the application of threat modelling or other risk identification techniques
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated