New York orColumbus, Ohio
About the Job
The Solution Engineer is responsible for defining product solutions based on merchants’ needs. When a customized solution requires development, the Solution Engineer will qualify & document the needs of the client, architect a solution together with both client and staff and lead the realization effort. The Solution Engineer will present and ‘sell’ the complete technical solution to the merchant. As part of the Global Solutions team, you’ll be a vital part of worldwide sales efforts and will play a critical role as the client continues to grow and scale.
You’ll work closely with enterprise and global sales teams to provide technical product knowledge and support during the sales process with our biggest merchants. As a trusted advisor, you’ll own all of the technical aspects of the pre-sales process as well as delivery of solution proposals to clients. This includes leading product demos and presentations, providing technical input into customer proposals and translating product and business requirements into innovative solutions. When a customized solution requires development, the Solution Engineer will be the one to define the needs of the client, architect a solution together with the client and staff and lead the realization effort.
- You’re proud of the way you can communicate complex solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences of senior stakeholders. You have a deep knowledge of either payments or e-commerce. You are not only good at the tech stuff but can easily present your solutions together with the responsible Account manager to the client. You have experience with enterprise software and technical operations and has worked close to sales before.
- If we called your references, they would confirm that you are able to master new technologies in a short time frame. You have excellent oral and written presentation skills, are fluent in English, and are able to clearly communicate product, business and technical requirements and information.
- Some job titles you may have had previously: Solution Consultant, Solution Engineer, Sales Engineer, Implementation Manager, Implementation Consultant, Solution Architect, Technical Account Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, engineering, or related.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience, including working with and/or implementing web technologies.
- Successful completion of aptitude test and integration test.
- Adaptable attitude and personality that is ready for continuous change in a startup-like environment.
- MBA or masters degree in computer science.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with web technology that is client facing, including payments and/or e-commerce industry experience.
- Some sales or account management experience.