About the Client
A large growth sector of Fintech continues to be SME Lending. The banks remain risk averse and the number of young vibrant companies/institutions setting up continues to rise exponentially...therefore more dynamic lending partners are required. At the moment this client focuses on 2 locations with the intentions of opening up to more in the near future.
About the Job
Due to the increased number of cases coming in each day, the ideal candidate here is going to be a quick decisive character with a key focus on attention to detail. If you have come from a more traditional underwriting background, say in a bank, but you have been very interested to look at new ways to offer capital to applicants that you believe have a good business case, then you would be very suited to this position. We are not saying you have to take on the riskiest investments but should a sole trader, small company have a very clear business plan, with solid investors and a whole host of other reliable variables (other than credit ratings) then you should look further at how you can help their business reach their potential. This company is growing and therefore the product will adapt to the customer base. The product will adapt by the patterns, trends and ideas that you see an an underwriter when reviewing new cases - so you will be encouraged to share your thoughts.
Key questions to ask yourself
- In which sectors have you worked as an underwriter?
- How does SME Lending differ from the current sector you work in?
- What ideas have you previously had for underwriting new applicants? And have they succeeded?
- Which cases have you underwritten that have been determined as not acceptable by traditional standards, but you have pursued and it has paid off?
- Why would you want to join a Fintech start-up?
Things to keep in mind
- Speaking Polish is essential
- Experience in Underwriting and Credit Risk are an absolute MUST