Banks, eCommerce, Financial Services, Fin-Tech, Merchant Services, Risk/Fraud
About the Client
Here we have a client which connects the traditional banks to the world of eCommerce! A fairly young company with a forward thinking initiative. Their strategy is to educate the traditional banks that they can be even more a part of the payment fintech boom and making them recognise the opportunities within. As well as educate them on the relevant regulations.
About the Job
Risk Analytics in payments has been around for some time. But with the consistent evolution of technology and the blend becoming stronger between fintech and payments, there is more impressive processes and analytics to be had. As mentioned previously, our client seeks to connect the traditional banks with the ecommerce boom and with that they are now creating / implementing their merchant risk 2.0 strategy relating to onboarding and monitoring. Our client expects the Risk Analyst/Manager to drive this change and bring your experience to the table. Therefore you will be in someway a project leader - coordinating teams across IT, Product, Fraud and so on. Alongside you, you will have a small team of juniors who will be heavily data focussed, this can allow you to spend time on searching for the trends, patterns and devising strategies which allow the 2.0 strategy to thrive.
Questions to Ask Yourself
- Which risk technologies do you believe are the most impressive in the market right now?
- Can you give an example of where you have previously implemented a new risk onboarding / monitoring strategy?
- What kind/size of eCommerce merchants are you used to dealing with? (Verticals and Revenue)
- How closely have you worked with merchants - are you more consultative or analytical?
- Can you give me an example of when a merchant was behaving outside of the SLA, and how did you manage that?
Things to Keep in Mind
- Must speak German
- To be relevant for this role, your Risk expertise has to have come from within online payments