eCommerce, Financial Services, Fin-Tech, Payment Service Providers (PSP), Payments, Technology
New York / remote
About the client
Our client is a globally operating payment systems company that develops electronic payments and financial message processing solutions for financial institutions, banks, retailers, and payment processors. It offers software solutions to route and authorize electronic payment transactions; detect fraud and money laundering; issue and manage magnetic stripe and smart cards; deliver secure electronic correspondence; and automate payment settlement and claims processing.
About the job
As an Sr. New Business Developer in NY Telecommuter, you too can help our client to drive payments at the speed of change.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Through our comprehensive suite of software products and hosted services, our client delivers a broad range of solutions for payment processing; card and merchant management; online banking; mobile, branch and voice banking; fraud detection; trade finance; and electronic bill presentment and payment. Currently our client has exciting opportunity for a New Business Developer to join our Merchant Retail team in the Northeast region.
- Markets our client's products and services to current and potential customers within a defined territory and/or industry and manages our client's overall relationship with established accounts. Develops strategy and manages the process of bringing the identified marketing opportunities to a logical close. Assists distributors in their efforts to sell our client's products and services where appropriate.
- Understand and Adhere to all Corporate Policies to include but not limited to our client's Code of Ethics and Global Information Security.
- Manages our client's overall relationship with current and prospective customers, with emphasis on developing and maintaining effective relationships with key executives. Customer satisfaction and loyalty are key requirements and measurements.
- Identify and maintain multiple sourcing alternatives to ensure a continuous pipeline of potential prospects for new business and revenue opportunities:
- Source appropriate contacts at right level in target organization.
- Present product solutions to obtain level of interest.
- Obtain product pricing and packaging and present pricing proposals.
- Work closely with Senior Mgmt. of prospective business partners to negotiate business terms such as investment opportunities, revenue models, business relationships, etc.
- Conduct industry and competitive analysis to identify, evaluate, and prioritize growth opportunities.
- Lead the preparation of verbal and written presentations to potential channels including new product introduction plans, strategic initiatives and business development strategies.
- Development of initial business, emphasis in working through contract settlement.
- Negotiate all contract and business terms including, non-disclosure agreements, letters of intent, and confidentiality and success measurements.
- Manage all administrative aspects of the assignment including but not limited to account profiles, sales pipeline records, current and prospective customer org charts, etc., consistent with our client's sales best practices.
- Keeps current on our client's products/enhancements, competition activities and industry trends.
- Extensive travel required - 40%-60%
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 8 years of successful direct sales experience in industries targeted by our client (financial institutions, processors, merchants, etc.), preferably selling payments solutions.
Highly Desired Skills
- Proven record of success in selling new products and services.
- Experience in Credit Card, Electronic Payment Processing, Internet, or technology-related industries.
- Ability to work autonomously; Proven problem solving capabilities and leadership qualities.
- High degree of enthusiasm and work ethic necessary to be successful in dynamic, results-oriented environment.
- Ability to conduct a high level of qualitative and quantitative research, analysis and synthesis.
- Proven skills in team dynamics, and ability to work in a cross-matrix environment.
- Capability to communicate and present effectively both verbally and in written forms.
- Quick thinker, highly articulate, polished and someone who has a passion for this industry!
- Innate ability to build relationships
- Proven ability to sell from a consultative value-added perspective
- Self-motivated and skilled at self-prioritizing and efficiently moving projects forward, fully technologically savvy in the use of personal productivity technologies