Our client is a global market leader in payment solutions, currently building a brand-new organization around the global travel industry.
The Global Partnerships department is responsible for managing all aspects of the commercial relationships with third party suppliers from which our client buys and/or in-source payment products and services. These vendors consist of banks, card acquirers, payment gateways, alliances, software vendors, Fraud suppliers and alternative payment product providers.
Purpose of the role
You will hold strategic relationships with the existing and future acquirers, partners and software providers related to the travel vertical. You will help in shaping the global travel strategy for this vertical in 2019, utilising resource in Sales, Product and the regional offices assisting in driving this strategy through our client’s organisation.
You are responsible to provide information on the product provided by the partners inside the company and specifically to the Sales teams in order to increase acceptance by our client’s customers.
As the senior point of contact for your partners, you are responsible for all commercial aspects of the relationship including the business model, contract negotiations, performance and will be the principal channel of information and escalation between the organisation and the partners.
- Manage the strategic relationships with our client’s airline acquirers ensuring our client is able to compete in the global travel space.
- Manage the strategic relationships with our client’s GDS partners (Sabre, Amadeus, Navitaire).
- Promote our client’s vertical strategy both internally and externally through educational sessions, workshops and conference presentations.
- Help design, develop and influence the travel strategy ensuring it remains competitive in the Travel Industry growing our client’s global market position.
- Streamline our Sales messaging with a more consistent set of product solutions across the GDS’s.
- Identify and Upgrade our solutions with top travel integration partners such as Datalex, Radixx, Opera.
- Identify complex Travel Merchants requiring a more focused complex sales solution approach, supporting sales teams and utilising resources from other teams to ensure all payment services are presented.
- Develop the metrics to track regional and global opportunities for both AM/BD’s.
- Expand the Hospitality Solutions to include all Sales Channels – eCommerce, Call Center, OTA payments (VCCs) and POS/Omni-Channel.
- Identify top strategic industry relationships such as IATA and HEDNA to ensure our client has partnerships and solutions that fit within the best practices and guidelines distributed by these groups.
- Promote global partnerships internally.
- Control the costs from the partners in your portfolio.
- Knowledge of online payments and experience within the travel industry.
- Result driven
- Can-do attitude, pro-active approach in signalling and picking up new challenges and opportunities
- Collaborative spirit
- Comfortable with figures and legal instruments
- Clear written and verbal communication, able to adjust communication to different stakeholders
- Well-developed negotiation skills
- 5 years in an online payment or eCommerce organization, in a relation management Role
- Excellent command of the English language (written and verbal)
- Good command of additional languages is a plus.
- Experienced user of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)