Banks, Fin-Tech, IT, Technology
Talk to us
About the Client
A Senior Data Scientist is required to play a crucial role in developing a new banking platform which will make use of new, innovative technology and big data.
About the Job
You will work closely with the Head of the Project and the main goal is to develop a new engine for analysis of transaction data. You must have strong programming skills and be able to carry out analysis of the output of the engine in comparison to the existing model that is used.
We are looking for a creative Data Scientist, someone who us naturally curious and eager to solve real-world business problems. You should be able to use you understanding of software development patterns and practices to see where further improvements can be made using AI, cloud and open APIs.
It goes without saying that you must be passionate about IT, big data, AI, and FinTech and have excellent academic results in the field of Computer Science/Artificial Intelligence and/or Mathematics/Statistics
- Experience with machine learning: Association Rules, Classification, Clustering, Regression, Text Mining
- Experience with programming languages: Python, R and Scala.
- Experience with tools: Spark, Hadoop (ecosystem), MapReduce
- Experience with database handling: SQL, Hive.
- Familiar with Oracle, Netezza, HBase, Cassandra, Graph databases
- Excellent understanding of Random Forests, Neural Networks, Logistic Regression, SVM, KNN, K-Means, LDA, etc.
- Experience with visualisation tools: D3.js, Shiny, Angular
- Experience in speaking at meetups/conferences would be an advantage
- Solid communication skills that enable you to work together with many different people within an organization, from marketeers to senior managers to data engineers
- Experience in working in an Agile/Scrum/DevOps way
This is a very exciting Senior Data Scientist position working on a new product that could have significant impact on a part of the financial technology industry and most definitely solve one of the issues.