Acquirers, Financial Services, Fin-Tech, Payment Service Providers (PSP), Payments, Risk/Fraud
About the Client
Our client is an established acquirer and PSP that focuses on both high and low risk markets. They are one of the most exciting prospects on the market right now. Their focus is to offer an advanced fast secure solution that allows their merchants to thrive in a market that offers so much opportunity.
About the role
Whilst there is a team to take care of the onboarding, there is also a team to take care of maintaiing the merchants. As we know merchants need to be kept a close eye on to make sure they are behaving / performing inline with the SLAs which were originally put in place. A key focus of the role here, will be to analyse and comment on any activity within the financials of the merchants. Should anything need to be raised such as suspicious activity, AML policy breach etc...then the relevant party (for example AML Officer, Fraud Officer etc…) in the acquirer needs to be informed and therefore investigate the concern. Considering this acquirer is onboarding a large number of merchants every day as well as already having a large clientele, processes and procedures need to be as efficient and streamlined as possible to make sure you can stay on top of your deliverables. The main thing you need to note is that, is this merchant remaining within in our risk appetite given the collateral that is in place, or does this need to be reviewed?
Key Questions to ask yourself?
- What do you believe are the 5 main KRI (Key Risk Indicators) in relation to payments?
- How often do you believe merchants should be monitored?
- If you had to write a credit risk process pack. What policies and procedures would you have in it?
- What previous credit scoring systems have you used?
- What has been the most challenging merchant / case you have worked on and why?
Things to keep in mind
- 2 - 4 years experience in a credit role (ideally with an acquirer)
- Attention to detail is a must - Financial statements
- English is a must