Consulting Services, Financial Services, Fin-Tech, Payments
Talk to us
About the Client
An exciting Payments focused Consulting firm is looking for Senior Consultants in Belgium to work on a wide range of Payments related projects in the Retail banking sector. We need Consultants with existing networks and experience in the Belgian Retail banking market.
With a unique proposition among Consultancies and a high level of internal expertise within the Payments domain, they aim to be thought leaders, challenge the understanding of how and what can to be done and ultimately create more value along the value chain.
Payments is a very hot area in Europe right now and there is a huge demand for people with the knowledge and experience to help organisations understand and adapt to new regulations and deliver new services into a fast changing landscape.
About the Job
As a Senior Consultant you will be guiding customers from the strategy stage through implementation with a high level of consulting expertise. You will need to think differently, when a client asks you “How do we become a better bank?” you could ask, “Why do you need to be a bank?” and look for innovative ways to deliver services and add value in ways which they have not thought of before.
We are looking for Senior Consultants, who know Retail banking and ideally payments at a business level and a good functional level. You do not need to have a very high technical ability in Payments but do need classic consultant skills and ideally will have spent time with a consulting firm. You will either be an independent consultant now or see yourself as heading in a different direction from the main consultancies and want to use your skills to add more value and make a real difference to your customer.
You will be working on a wide range of payments related projects such as:
- FinTech banks – new or developing
- Instant payments (e.g. where is the value and how do we create it?)
- Developing or launching new products
- Transformation Programs (evaluating processes, risks, service changes, moving to 24/7, cultural impact etc.)
Day rates are flexible and will depend on your experience. Varying commitment levels can be considered and contract work levels guaranteed, such as offering a minimum amount of days per year.
- MUST HAVE Retail banking Experience
- Approx. 4 – 10 years total experience is ideal
- Desire to work as a thought leader in the financial industry
- Knowledge of either payments, cards, lending, regulations, FinTech, accounts or Open Banking
- End-to-end consulting experience, from strategy to implementation and execution
- Flemish language skills would be ideal but we can consider Dutch and/or French speakers
- Happy to be based in Brussels
- This is a contract position on a day rate