Consulting Services, Financial Services, Fin-Tech, Payments
Talk to us
About the Client
Our client is growing their Consultancy team in Belgium (and Benelux) and need a Senior Consultant to be based in Brussels working on Payments related projects. The team already has quite unique proposition among Consultancies and have a high level of internal expertise. They aim to be thought leaders, challenge the understanding of how and what can to be done and ultimately create more value along the value chain.
About the Job
As a Senior Consultant you will involved with the strategy definition but focused more on guiding that strategy through implementation with a high level of expertise. When a client asks you “How do we become a better bank?” you could ask, “Why do you need to be a bank?” and look for innovative ways to deliver services and add value in ways which they have not thought of before.
We are looking for Senior Consultants, who know payments or financial services from a strategic level and a good functional level. You do not need to have a very high technical ability in Payments but do need classic consultant skills and will have spent time with one of the big four or tier 1 consultancies. You will either be an independent consultant now or see yourself as heading in a different direction from the major consultancies and want to use your skills to add more value and make a real difference to your customer.
You will be working on a wide range of payments related projects such as:
- FinTech banks – new or developing
- Instant payments (e.g. where is the value and how do we create it?)
- Developing or launching new products
- Transformation Programs (evaluating processes, risks, service changes, moving to 24/7, cultural impact etc.)
Day rates are flexible and will depend on your experience. Varying commitment levels can be considered and contract work levels guaranteed, such as offering a minimum amount of days per year.
- MUST HAVE Tier 1, or Payments specific, consultancy experience
- Approx. 4 – 10 years total experience is ideal
- Desire to work as a thought leader in the financial industry
- Deep knowledge of either payments, cards, lending, regulations, FinTech, accounts or Open Banking
- End-to-end consulting experience, from strategy to implementation and execution
- Flemish language skills would be ideal but we can consider Dutch and/or French speakers
- Happy to be based in Brussels
- This is a contract position on a day rate so you will need your own Limited Company (or we can assist with facilitating this set-up)