Banks, Financial Services, Merchant Services, Payments
Talk to us
About the role
A Senior Business Analyst is required in Amsterdam be part of a project team working on PSD2. This is a contract/freelance position which could be working on this project for at least 18 months.
PSD is a Directive's that was designed to increase pan-European competition and participation in the payments industry, in particular from non-banks, and to provide a level playing field by harmonizing consumer protection and the rights and obligations for payment providers and users. PSD2 takes the directive further and has some profound implications for the financial services industry.
PSD2 includes some quite significant changes relating to customer authentication (SCA) and account access (XS2A). PSD2 will also allow none-banks (Third Party Providers or TTPS) to initiate payments on behalf of the customer after gaining secure access to accounts.
To deliver PSD2 the banks need to develop API’s, which will expedite the transition to Open Banking and we need a specialist to work in a PSD2 Program.
We need a Senor Business Analyst to work on PSD2 in a complex environment made up of different business units, different business teams, IT, external partners etc. You must be an excellent communicator, diplomatic and be able to manage the differences between IT and the business.
Along with the basic technical requirements for a Business Analyst such as analysing payment flows using “AS IS” and “TO BE”, designing payment flows, risk assessments, defining none-functional requirements and developing the internal communications, I am looking for someone who has the following:
- Understand banking/Payments and be able to visualize how PSD2 is going to shape the organization in the future.
- Know how to structure a problem – be someone who asks the right questions (the "who, what, when, where, why and how" method).
- Be a good diplomat, translator and negotiator - able to find common ground in conflicting situations (between IT and the Business).
- Be aware of the language/terminology differences between the Business and IT.
- Have a high level view of the business - look beyond the software and see how the business and Payments landscape operates.
- Understand the potential of PSD2 but know there will need to be a certain "reality check"/limitations/constraints and be able to explain the constraints in terms both IT and the Business can understand.
- Must have a banking background with a strong interest in IT and BA experience.
- International experience – ideally have experience in large corporate organisations and able to manage the different personalities and challenges that presents.
- Ability to work with different cultures with multiple languages.
- General curiosity about IT/Payments/Business/People etc.
This is a very exciting Senior Business Analysts position working where you will be part of one of the most profound changes in the Europe financial industry.