Banks, Consulting Services, Fin-Tech
About the Client
Our client is a large consulting firm which stretches across fintech, banking and insurance with multiple departments. Their key focus for this department is to delve into their clients procedures / practices in relation to compliance and fraud. They are there to offer advice and assist small - large firms with implementing new compliance / fraud strategy.
About the Job
The aim here is to manage the fraud / risk that the client base phases. We are talking on the large and small scale. As well as implement and manage the Regulatory, AML, Anti-Bribery and Corruption policies that are in place/yet to be in place. Some of the threats these clients can face can be significant especially when you consider the developments in GDPR, PSD2 and the 4th Money Laundering Act. You will be expected to come on board as the expert and therefore assess the situation from all the key stakeholders, gather all relevant information, understand the problems/issues/positives and devise a strategy to move forward with. You can expect to be using a large amount of data analytics. Think of it as being a high level investigator with highly developed analytical skills, applying your knowledge to a range of industries.
Questions to Ask Yourself
- How up to date are you with new legislation such as 4th AML Act, PSD2 and GDPR?
- Can you give examples of when you have discovered / prevented a client from being at threat of a significant fraud case?
- Which data analytics programmes are you most familiar with when investigating fraud?
- What compliance programmes and/or fraud programmes have you previously implemented / created?
- In which industries/verticals have you mainly performed fraud and compliance investigations?
Things to Keep in Mind
- Must speak English
- Ideally you would speak both Dutch (Flemish) and French