Alternative Payments, Financial Services, Fin-Tech, Merchant Services, Payments
About the Client
Our client is the fintech and e-payments division of a global conglomerate. The business focuses on local experts in online payments in global growth markets. The organization provides online and mobile payment services, supported by innovative technological platforms, high functionality, stable development, and a wide and constantly extended offering. Over 200,000 merchants in 16 growth and emerging markets across the world are using our client's services to accept payments in a secure and optimised way.
Following an integration of various payments platforms into on global entity, our client enables and empowers merchants and consumers in Central and Eastern Europe, Africa, the Middle East, India as well as Latin America to safely transact digitally. Our broad range of payment solutions is available to consumers on our own ecommerce platforms, as well as on third-party operated ecommerce platforms.
About the Job
To support the business requirements for the continuing development of our Salesforce solution, fulfilling defined business requirements to support and deliver value to the business.
To implement defined business projects, and ensure operational stability and associated support is provided and effective.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support implementation of the business requirements for the delivery of Work Packages and Change Requests in relation to the client's Global Salesforce solution.
- Concrete projects to implement: connection to third party tools, integration with local payment platforms, integration with in-house tools.
- Implement application development requirements, with a constant focus on providing technical guidance and co-ordinating business efficiencies through the activities of applications development.
- Liaise with IT infrastructure services and other third parties, in support of applications maintenance and development activities.
- Define, plan and manage releases of application updates.
- Support improvement initiatives involving business applications.
- Act as technical expert for Salesforce.com, and share knowledge as appropriate.
- The direction of the activities associated with assigned internal applications development projects
- The priorities for applications support tasks
Key Performance Measures
- Internal Applications Service – Delivery within deadlines of the internal applications service to the business, without significant failure or poor service performance.
- Applications Delivery – Delivery of business applications, achieving tasks and associated deliverables as agreed on assignment to a development project or activity.
- Technical Support – Ensures the necessary support and advice is provided in an effective manner, demonstrating a good technical understanding of identified internal applications.
- Achieving Results – Be aware of key business objectives, and ensure these are applied appropriately to all business activities.
- Commercial and Business Awareness – Able to identify business opportunities, and be aware of the associated risks.
- Planning and Organising – Good at determining a course of action by breaking it down into smaller steps and by planning and resourcing each of these, making allowance for potential problems. Thorough understanding on the Life Cycle of Development including Salesforce Deployment/Packaging effectively using Metadata API, ChangeSet and Ant.
- Understanding the client's business – Understands and promotes the client strategies, policies and procedures. Aware of how the organisation operates.
- Teamwork – Able to contribute effectively towards the objectives of a team, and be able to share knowledge, ideas and information. Aware of the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Able to solve problems in a measured and creative way. Capable of independently assessing a wide variety of tasks, and be proactive in relation to identifying and undertaking activities that are to the benefit of the business. Be responsible for own decisions.
- Innovation, Flexibility and Adaptability – Undertake tasks with a positive attitude and respond well to management and client requests. Working locations may include a variety of BPP and client sites. Must be prepared to meet business goals and respond well to change.
Personal Attributes / Functional Competencies
- Qualifications – Degree qualified and relevant professional qualification and experience
- Experience – minimum of 2 years Salesforce Force.com platform/Sales Cloud/Service Cloud implementations. Significant Salesforce development experience, in a role that requires application development. Significant experience with Apex, Visual force, controllers, triggers, batch processes, APIs and web services.
- Best Practices understanding on Coding Standards, Deployment, Apex, VF, Salesforce Integration, Security implementations.
- Experience on Force.com Integration Technologies (WebServices, 3rd Party tools) to Integrate with On-Premise systems.
- Complete understanding of governor limits...
- Analytical Thinking – Good at acquiring an understanding of a problem or situation, and developing an approach to interacting with the situation.
- Industry Developments – Must take initiative to ensure technical skills and specialisations are kept up to date in line with industry developments and ensure that all relevant skill sets are current. Familiarity with Salesforce latest product launches including Wave Analytics, Lightning.