Merchant Services, POS/MPOS, Technology
Ohio / Detroit
Talk to us
This is a great opportunity for someone with limited team management responsibility, looking to take on more!
Position responsible for executing against company strategy to further extend the company's position and profile in the small and medium restaurant marketplace; Required to develop, lead and manage a team of 5 (soon to be more) employees in assigned geographic area, including Sales and, potentially, Service functions. Maximize service internally and externally while driving market share and cash-flow through an optimized team effort.
Key areas of responsbility:
- Responsible for meeting assigned financial objectives. Establish and adhere to defined business processes using sound financial and economic principles for establishing and tracking profitable practices.
- Responsibility includes prospecting, closing deals, processing orders, cash flow, cost management, and execution of the Local Office strategy to align to our people, culture, values and growth vision. May be a manager of a sales team in an established Local Office led by a General Manager or may lead the effort to establish a sales team in an expanding territory.
- Works with senior management to develop strategy for the assigned geography.
- Helps to develop and subsequently implement new projects, policies and procedures for the assigned geography to meet sales revenue and profit objectives.
- Responsible for creating market potential and opportunities for our solutions, within the Hospitality industry in the small to medium business market; Providing the vision, inspiration and leadership necessary to drive success; Providing input to strategic decisions that affect area of responsibility.
- Provide leadership direction to all functions within the assigned Local Office, to grow profitability.
- Develop, build, inspire and motivate sales teams through passionate leadership; direct all sales activities including planning and implementing forecasts, developing policies as well as staffing of the sales force. Promote teamwork, and foster open and effective communications; Develop employee skills and knowledge by planning and implementing effective development activities, establishing performance goals, and coaching and evaluating performance.
- Execute the performance management process, which includes evaluating performance, establishing performance goals, coaching performance and implementing effective development plans; Establish and foster networks and relationships at all levels; Motivate through recognition and reward; Provide encouragement, motivation, and support to the workforce through timely and effective communications.
- Position must work effectively with other organizations as well as individuals in other functions.
- Ensure customer satisfaction for all Local Office accounts within the assigned territory by maintaining enduring relationships with a diverse customer base; Address all service concerns of the customer base within the region; Responsible for working with the appropriate teams to ensure consistent proactive and reactive technical responses to customers throughout the assigned geography.
- Experience with Point of Sale products and services
- Experience in the restaurant industry
- 2+ years of sales management experience
- Proven success in relevant sales area or Bachelor’s Degree related to Hospitality Technology
- Strong leadership skills, motivational and self-directed; Strong account planning and analysis skills
- Market planning and promotion experience; Business and financial planning experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of creativity, able to provide unique solutions to a wide variety of challenges
- Experience working in team-oriented sales approaches
- Ability to travel regionally (25% of time)
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred. Alternatively, High School Diploma with significant, relevant experience considered
- 5+ years of related experience