Financial Services, Fin-Tech, Payment Service Providers (PSP), Payments
About the client
Our client provides merchants and banks with the gateway technology necessary to capture, verify and submit both ACH and X9.37 files. To facilitate payments, our client offers merchants a wide array of solutions, including virtual , physical scanning, Mobile Capture and Check Verification options.
About the job
Performs a consulting role and provides technical support, expert advice and direction regarding variety of automation and business process issues for the Retail Payments Office. Must have detailed understanding of business operations and workflow of related business application systems.
- Provides support for Customer Service and Bank Lines of Business with consultative, technical, and development expertise for Retail Payments Office.
- Identifies strengths/weakness in existing system/business architecture and workflow modules and develops viable solutions.
- Understands impact of potential changes (system & operational) on workflow and throughput performance to develop effective testing and arrives at a logical balance between cost, quality, production and control.
- Remains knowledgeable of industry issues and trends in order to assess needs and opportunities for service enhancements benefitting the strategic vision.
- Manages projects by outlining project requirements in terms of resources, equipment, time and costs. Responsible for development of business requirements and overall project plans. Assigns small scope projects to project coordinators as appropriate and monitors their progress. Communicates project progress, findings, output and deployment plans to leadership and all constituents.
- Acts as an escalation point for conflicts, risks, issues and action items as brought forth by direct reports or project team. Responds to issues or problems that arise in day-to-day project operations and/or during development efforts. Meets with operations and/or technical development staff to define and investigate problems or issues and propose solutions with time and cost estimates. Verifies results of all changes and/or enhancements.
- Associate's Degree or 2 years equivalent experience; Bachelor's Degree or 4 years equivalent experience preferred
- Eight or more years preferred
Knowledge Area/Technical Skills/Certifications and Licenses
- Retail Payments Banking Operations and Systems
- Check 21 and/or ACH Functionality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft Desktop/Server Knowledge
- Applicable Industry Certification(s) (e.g. AAP, MCSA, MCSE, Microsoft Office)
- Demonstrated expertise in technical/operations support role for distributed payment applications
- Working knowledge in testing and test script development for distributed payment applications
- Working knowledge of SAFR requirements and FRS specific security practices
- Ability to understand industry practices, impacts of operational matters to external entities: vendors and customers
- Ability to work with and communicate with external entities: vendors and customers
- Understanding of Industry Standards
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness
- Problem Solving
- Action Oriented
- Communicates Effectively