Talk to us
Seeking a Regional Sales Director to join our team. The selected candidate should have 8 - 10 years of sales experience in the employee voluntary benefits and/or HR services industry. The territory for the Pacific Northwest will include Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada and California. With a focus on target broker customer, the primary objective of this role is to identify, attract and activate new broker relationships.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for attaining and/or exceeding all sales objectives and department goals
- Goals include generating new broker relationships and activating these relationships by bringing in new employer clients through brokers.
- Motivate and train brokers on the program in order to foster excitement about our program
- The ability to translate features into benefits to the broker and potential employer client
- Penetrate new broker segments and relationships on an ongoing basis
- Effectively transition broker relationships, once activated to broker account manager
- Enthusiastically and accurate sell the program to prospective broker clients
- May also pursue direct employer clients if the opportunities arises
- Travel estimated at 50 – 75%
- Strong selling, interpersonal and relationship cultivation skills
- Several years of experience selling employee benefits to medium-large organizations either directly or through insurance brokers.
- Ability to conceptualize and sell ideas internally and externally. Innovation and the ability to gain consensus is necessary.
- Solid strategic, negotiation and presentation skills
- Background in sales, cold calling and presenting to new prospects
- Superior relationship building skills ; Excellent written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated results from relationship management and selling skills
- Bachelor’s degree required