Join the Center of Excellence team responsible for managing third party payment partnership around the world across an array of verticals and industries (travel, insurance and e-commerce). This position has management and relationship responsibility for our portfolio of payment service providers and other payment industry partnerships; understanding best practices, partner capabilities and driving strategy and change to optimize our payment processes. The Payments leader must have the desire to challenge status quo, drive opportunity while working collaboratively across team and levels within the organization.
- Define vendor scope. Create and maintain a framework for selecting vendors who should be considered in the Group repertoire.
- Drive positive outcomes. Consultatively identify and prioritize business needs and craft customized solutions that drive specific commercial metrics (e.g., business growth).
- Optimize investments. Identify opportunities that will jointly benefit our Group and our vendor/supplier partners, develop appropriate business cases, advocate for funding, track performance/return of invested funds, and use learnings to inform future investments.
- Establish strong vendor/supplier partnerships. Develop, drive and maintain strong global payment processor relationships. Establish fluency in all vendor/supplier-facing solutions.
- Collaboratively define responsibilities for various outcomes with internal partners. Articulate vendor requirements and influence PMO and IT by building capability road maps by leveraging vendor/supplier feedback.
- Provide proactive operational support to ensure that our Group’s merchant processor relationships are operating in the most effective and cost efficient manner
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a payment processor or merchant processor industry. Global experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate complex technical/financial concepts with subject-matter experts and convey those concepts to a broad audience
- Proven experience managing payment processors, merchants, fraud prevention, etc.
- Proven experience leading cross-functional high-performing teams delivering against goals
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with high level of success/achievement
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including the ability to manage internal and external resources and cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to build deep relationships to develop strategic partnerships
- Capability to stay current with billing processor/vendor landscape, capabilities and trends.
- Significant experience of working with multiple internal teams and proven track record of being able to deliver added value to the customer through a cohesive approach
- Proven capabilities in designing, implementing and steering a long range strategic plan
- Experience of working across complex matrix organizations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelors degree preferred
Lewis M. Howard