About the Role
As a Project Manager at you have a combination of Technical and Client Engagement skills. You will combine tactical execution skills with strategic expertise to lead cross functional teams through pre-°©sales, kick off, and deployment. You are the client’s primary point of contact, so you must have strong communication skills and the ability to translate technical details into business terms.
You are able to juggle multiple priorities, which include but are not limited to; project planning, risk management, internal/external communication, and oversight of the software development lifecycle.
You will work with the Client Delivery Team. The goal of the Client Delivery team is implement and customize the solution to best match their client’s unique use case.
The client delivery team works with clients all over the APAC region. Each client project takes 6-9 months to complete.
You will work out of the office in Hong Kong, SAR.
- You will lead technical teams consisting of software engineers and data scientists
- You will lead pre-sales meetings, discovery workshops, story boarding
- You will communicate project status including timeline, risks, delays, and the overall progress to select key stakeholders.
- You will define and assess project risks, both technical and non-technical in nature and effectively deploy mitigation plans
- You will lead the scrum team in sprint planning and backlog grooming. You must have experience leading daily stand ups
- You will lead a project from start to finish, working with teammates from strategy, business analysis, development and quality assurance in a variety of projects.
- You will act as a consultant to clients by understanding their expectations and requirements and effectively communicating across functional teams
- 3-5 years of Project Management experience, ideally managing software teams
- Experience managing technical teams
- Bachelors of Science/Arts
- You must have experience managing projects for external clients
- You demonstrate clear and concise writing ability in different communication mediums
- (email, formal client-°©facing documents, etc...
- You have experience managing software engineers, being on a delivery team a huge
Nice to have Qualifications
- You have experience leading pre-sales meetings, discovery workshops, and story
- You have experience with the full SDLC on multiple fast-paced projects
- You have experience authoring, red-lining, and executing SOW and RFP documents
- You are able to control client expectations and push-°©back when necessary to ensure the success of the project
- You are solution oriented, and when issues arise, you are able to roll up your sleeves and tackle them with a ‘get it done’ attitude
- You have experience with Agile (Scrum/Kanban) and Waterfall SDLC methodologies
- You are familiar with MS Project
- You are savvy with JIRA
- First 3 months of the project requires 100% travel at the client location which can be located anywhere in the APAC region to ramp up on the project. During this time we do offer fully furnished corporate housing as well as once a month travel expenses to visit friends and family on the weekends
- The rest of the engagement is 50% travel and 50% based in the Hong Kong office
- Once your project has ended, you will be assigned to a new project and repeat the travel requirements