eCommerce, Financial Services, Fin-Tech
About the Client
The beauty of online payments / fintech innovation is that it allows ideas based on a napkin to evolve into something huge! This client is a financial services / eCommerce bonanza specialising in a pre-paid card solution. They have taken the market by storm with investment coming in from all angles. The function of Risk & Payments has been sitting with their Operations team and as much as they have expertise in this area they need a specialist to help cope with the every-increasing amount of new accounts being made active day by day.
About the Role
The main focus of this role is to take on all external / internal relationships relating to Payments & Fraud. Because of the frightening speed they are growing at, they need a speedy sign on process, that holds high level security to protect it’s customers and itself. You will be leading (and expected to grow) a team of 2 Payments & Risk Analysts who will assist you in the daily monitoring of transactional and account sign on activity. Measures need to be put in place and re-evaluated regularly. Typical types of fraud you might see come through here could be AML and sign on / bonus abuse. This position should appeal to long serving Payments & Fraud analysts or a Payments & Fraud Manager that is looking for a new innovative challenge.
Questions to ask yourself
- Do you have experience with pre-paid card solutions? If so, when have you worked with them?
- What do you feel are the most valued external fraud detection / prevention providers on the market right now?
- Seeing as this is a solution for the financial services. What KYC measures / procedures have you put in place in the past when onboarding customer/merchant?
- How do you go about searching for the best payment provider for your business? What is most important attribute?
- If you had to make a 2 year plan. What measures would you have in place to assess payment and fraud performance. And how would the team look? (Team Growth etc).
Things to keep in mind
- 3 - 5 years experience in Payments & Fraud. No specific vertical preferred
- Extensive Analytical skills (Excel for example)