Acquirers, Alternative Payments, Cards, eCommerce, Gambling, Gaming, Merchant Services, Payment Service Providers (PSP), Payments, Retail, Risk/Fraud, Travel, Wallets
About the Client
Whether you are a small or large eCommerce player, entering new markets can prove challenging. Marketing strategies need to be rethought, products need to aligned and payment processes need to clear and derived. That is why in this space there is a need for an external partner that can do all of that for you. In order for them to offer a complete service, they require professionals who are on top of their game in their niche.
About the role
Here the focus will be all about improving the process. Customers expect to be able to pay by any means possible and when they are unable to do it can be very frustrating. From the retailers side; imagine you are a small retailer. With 100 customers hitting your site a day with all wanting to buy products. If only 50 of them are able to make a payment … what a missed opportunity that is! Therefore, we are looking for someone who has exposure developing payment strategies / products in a range of markets - more from a geographical perspective than a vertical perspective, although experience in a fast paced / potential high risk market would be appreciated such as travel OR gambling. Conversion and Acceptance ratios should be at the forefront of your mind and you should be well connected in the industry to know which partners suit best where. Payments will be the main focus, but there will also be a piece on fraud management … no point accepting a tonne of payments if at the end of the day you have been scammed and end up with a large fraud rate.
Key Questions to ask yourself
- Which markets are you most familiar with?
- Which successful payments products / services have you introduced to your customers?
- When have you drastically increased Acceptance rates / Conversion rates?
- Which industry have you mainly worked in and why do you believe this has been a good payment educator for you?
- Which fraud detection programmes are you most familiar with?
Things to keep in mind
- Experience in Payments is an absolute must. Fraud is beneficial. Overall Operations experience is desired.
- Experience with analytical programmes such as SQL are a plus.