Mobile, Payments, POS/MPOS, Technology
About the Client
The company is a leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. They started out 5 years ago and built their payment service from scratch to shake up the industry and wake up the entrepreneur within anyone. They created a unique device that with the smartphone that’s in your pocket, allows small merchants to accept card payments anywhere. Whether the merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we want to make technology that everyone knows how to use. So the merchants can get on with what they do best.
They build their own payment solution end-to-end so that they can always offer the best value & service. The client knows how vital payment is to small business, so they use their technology to solve their problems.
About the Job
The company is looking for a Partner Engineer who can master all the technical aspects of integrating, APIs and SDKs for mPOS and eCom, to support, QA and gather regular technical feedback from partners. A successful candidate will be able to improvise and adapt to the needs and the technical requirements of the partner he or she is supporting.
Your work as a Partner Engineer is ever-evolving. One day, you might be on a call with our Business Team and a prospective partner, scoping a company implementation to meet their needs. The next, you'll do some troubleshooting with a partner’s engineering team to enable them to successfully process their first transaction. After that, you might update the technical documentation to address common questions or challenges you notice integrators are having.
At its core, this is a client facing technical support position, so you should have an in-depth understanding of technical aspects of web, server-side, and mobile development.
The company solution can get a new partner transacting in just a few hours, and you will be a key component in improving that process even further.
- Work with 3rd party developers who are integrating the company APIs and SDKs products
- Provide technical support via phone, chat or email to partners' engineering team
- Actively troubleshoot, test, launch and post go-live monitor integrated solutions
- Work with the company Business Development to team manage relationships with existing partners and sign up new integrators
- Produce and maintain integration guidelines and technical documentation that improve the integration experience
- Help SumUp's Engineering and Product teams to address integration issues, improve existing integration products, and develop new ones
- Obtained or are currently pursuing a degree in Business or an alternative discipline that comprises a good mix of business and IT
- Knowledge of mobile development
- Past experience or interest in the payments industry
- Hands-on experience integrating 3rd party APIs, RESTful services, and native SDKs for Android/iOS/Windows
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- A self-starter, motivated, innovative, and capable of quickly learning/adapting.
- Fluent in English, other languages a plus
- When applying, please include a brief cover letter explaining your motivation for applying to this position
About the Offer
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Convenient location in the heart of Mitte at U-Bahn Oranienburger Tor.
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football, and yoga.
- Our team comes from 30 different countries creating a fun, international environment.
- Kicker table, beer in the fridge, German classes, and yoga in the yard + many, many more perks