Consulting Services, Financial Services, Fin-Tech, Payments
Talk to us
Our client is establishing a Netherlands based Consultancy team and first on the ground needs to be an experienced Managing Consultant to focus on winning projects and developing existing clients that are being serviced at present from other EU countries. All projects will be payments related and a Payments background would be ideal although classic consulting skills are the most important and a background in any financial industry or banking will also be well suited.
The team already has quite unique proposition among Consultancies and aims to deliver projects through the implementation phase with a very high level of internal expertise. They aim to be thought leaders, challenge the understanding of how and what can to be done and ultimately create more value along the value chain.
Your mindset should be one of creativity and solution finding, helping clients break free of the constraints and innovate. When a client asks you “How do we become a better bank?” you could ask, “Why do you need to be a bank?” and look for innovative ways to deliver services and add value in ways which they have not thought of before.
About the Job
You will be working on a wide range of payments related projects such as:
- FinTech banks – new or developing
- Instant payments (e.g. where is the value and how do we create it?)
- Developing or launching new products
- Transformation Programs for financial institutions (evaluating processes, risks, service changes, moving to 24/7, cultural impact etc.)
The desire is for this position to be a permanent employee contract, with your home base in The Netherlands and ideally within commuting distance from Amsterdam. At present there is an office space in Amsterdam, which can be used to work from or for meetings but this position, will have a fair degree of remote (home) working as long as work progresses as expected.
- Ideally Payments Consulting experience or financial/banking experience and classic consulting background (e.g. with a number of years spent at a tier 1 consultancy)
- Approx. 10 years total experience or more
- Management Consulting experience
- Desire to work as a thought leader in the financial industry
- Deep knowledge of either payments, cards, lending, regulations, FinTech, accounts or Open Banking
- End-to-end consulting experience, from strategy to implementation and execution