Alternative Payments, Financial Services, Fin-Tech, Merchant Services, Payments
About the Job
We are currently looking for a Manager Treasury Back Office to strengthen our client's Group Treasury operations capability to drive the delivery of their Treasury strategy.
The group Treasury team is going through the next phase of professionalization and we are looking for a candidate that is hands-on, likes to operate in a Treasury environment that is “in development” and is looking for a next opportunity. The candidate should be comfortable with working in an environment in which not everything is set in procedures, is willing to help with the development of these procedures while at the same time ensure proper and timely execution of the ongoing daily Treasury activities. The candidate will have to apply his/her Treasury knowledge and use that to take responsibility for the Back Office team and deliver on improvements of and within the team.
The position will report to the Group Treasury Manager. The Business unit Finance Managers, employees and Relationship Banks will be important contacts. The team currently consists of 7 employees.
12 key areas of responsibilities
- Manage the Treasury Back Office team (2 employees);
- To manage timely and accurate Treasury reporting and to further improve the Treasury reporting set;
- Take the lead in the further development of a risk control matrix for the Treasury environment;
- Monitoring compliance with the group’s finance documents;
- Monitoring both group Treasury and segments compliance with the group Treasury policies;
- Provide guidance to business units and segments on the application of the group treasury policies;
- Monitoring counterparty risk for the group’s Treasury entity;
- Static data management of our e-banking applications;
- Proper valuation of Interest rate and FX derivatives and ensuring proper (hedge) accounting of these derivatives;
- Ensuring compliance with applicable regulations (like EMIR);
- Act as a first point of contact for annual credit reviews, KYC procedures, sanctions questions and ISDA negotiations with our relationship banks;
- Futher development of the current Treasury Management system (with main focus on interfaces and reporting).
Required skills and experience
- Possess up-to-date knowledge in Treasury management;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience within a multinational company in a back office / front office or control role;
- Bachelor or Master degree in Finance/Economics, preferable extended with courses in the area of Treasury and more specifically Accounting & Control;
- Minimum of 2 year relevant managerial experience;
- Have experience with Treasury Management Systems like SunGard Integrity;
- Not only understand the essence of the internet, but grasp and be excited by its future;
- Have excellent communication skills and intercultural working capabilities;
- Fluent in English (oral and written);
- Be able to identify areas within the Treasury activities that need change, develop creative solutions and drive these to implementation;
- Experience with reporting tools will be a plus.
As a baseline requirement to all the above, the candidate will have to be:
- A self-starter and take responsibility of activities;
- Solutions focused; have a “can do” attitude to take on areas in which he/she may be less experienced;
- Down-to-earth, non-hierarchical and prepared to "roll up their sleeves" and make things happen;
- Be a team player with self-esteem yet manageable ego;
- Highly self-motivated, energetic and resilient;
- Practical, with an enquiring mind;
- Enjoy working hard in an informal culture;
- Be able to act in an unstructured role.
Competitive combination of cash and non-cash benefits, including both short and long term reward elements.