We're looking for a Junior Recruitment Consultant to join the Contract recruitment division at Payments & Cards Network in Amsterdam.
This is a brand new role with the Payments & Cards Network team and an exciting opportunity to join this fast growing, highly lucrative part of the business!
This opportunity has the potential to set you up for an exciting (and very successful) career in contracts recruitment, with endless opportunities. You would be coming in as the second hire in this fast growing team, meaning you’ll be getting a foot in the door at just the right time and have the opportunity to build this with us. An opportunity like this doesn’t present itself very often, so if you’re someone who has previous recruitment and/or sales experience who is looking to finally build your career in contracts recruitment then this could be the perfect move for you.
The role will require you to be:
- Fiercely independent - you don’t need to be told what to do, you just do it
- Creative - often it’s like fitting a square peg into a round hole
- Analytical - see the bigger picture and joining the dots
- Consultative - staying cool under pressure, always communicating, have a back up plan
- Entrepreneurial - building long term value, commercially focused and excited by rewards (financial & otherwise)
- Resilient - disappointment & setbacks are inevitable, it’s how you bounce back that matters the most
Payments & Cards Network is a niche recruitment consultancy headquartered in Amsterdam with offices spanning from Atlanta to Singapore. As the leading supplier of recruitment services to the FinTech and Payments industry, Payments & Cards Network is dedicated to connect great people to equally great companies. We are uniquely positioned to serve the highly specialised needs of the Payments, Cards, FinTech & eCommerce markets.
Working at PCN, every day will be different; you will be offered an extensive training and on-boarding programme, opportunities to attend major events across Europe, incentive trips to beautiful locations and the support of some of the finest payments and digital technology recruitment professionals this side of Europe.
As an Junior Recruitment Consultant - Freelance, you will be:
- Building high quality, freelance networks and candidate pools
- Working on a specialised vertical, supporting Senior Consultants, qualifying and presenting candidates for live roles
- Developing strong relationships with candidates & clients (where applicable)
- Developing your search skills sourcing, headhunting, screening & interviewing
- Making recommendations on qualified candidates
- Understanding requirements of open roles & future opportunities
- Manage the entire candidate process, focusing on quality candidate experience
- Understand the verticals & areas of specialism across Payments & Cards Network
- Eventually building a portfolio of clients that you will be responsible for overseeing and managing, including business development & winning new projects
- Identify & communicate continuous improvement opportunities and strategies for the business
- Attend major FinTech & Payments events across Europe to generate business opportunities
- You’ll quickly learn the fundamentals of recruitment including consultative selling, selling on value, negotiation skills etc.
- 1 year + of experience in recruitment/talent acquisition or experience in sales is highly desirable (ideally in finance, IT, payment, or FinTech)
- The Big Three: ambitious, confident and results driven
- Sales savvy - you can see opportunities where others might not
- You're fluent in English. Other languages that are a huge plus - Dutch, French, German or Nordics
- An unparalleled amount of team spirit
- Bonus points: you have a sense of humour and good music taste (if you're lucky enough to get to the speakers first)
- An attractive salary and motivating commission system
- Fast tracked career progression
- A MacBook Air from your first signed deal
- A team breakfast and drinks every Friday. Note: not at the same time ;)
- Travel incentives with the rest of the team each year. The latest to date? Husky sledding in Sweden, skiing in Tignes and a summer trip to Croatia.
- Lunch clubs: Once a month, on target, we spend the afternoon in one of the best restaurants in Amsterdam
- Monthly team drinks and quarterly events
- Fitness & Health benefits: we want our employees to be happy & healthy!
- 25 Days Annual leave + an additional day of annual leave for every year with the company
- Canal trips on the Payments & Cards Network Yacht. Disclaimer: it’s a boat