€70,000 to €90,000 Per Annum
Trading nowadays happens in a highly competitive technological landscape; the best trading idea alone doesn’t cut it anymore. Instead, only the best trading ideas that are enabled via robust, scalable and fast technology win.
Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
We are looking for an IT Procurement Specialist. In this role you are responsible for determining and leading strategic sourcing initiatives to maximize value delivered to the business. You lead or participate in the negotiation and administration of contracts and pricing agreements and you support the supplier selection processes in alignment with IT stakeholders. An important aspect of this role is to evaluate bids and make recommendations based on commercial and technical factors. You own the monthly reconciliation between SLA and invoices and credit notes and you’re responsible for the optimization and automation of the internal procurement process from RFI to AP.
Projects you would be working on may include making analysis of all data center related costs and make a proposal how we can reduce spend (more efficient usage of current data centers, move to other data centers, renegotiate costs, etc.). Another one would be to liaise with IT Procurement Specialists in other offices and come up with a proposal on how you can combine the purchase of certain hardware (standardize requirements, buy in larger quantities to reduce costs, get improved service).
You will be in the lead of a team of 2 and report into the COO.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in an IT services and goods procurement position, including supplier selection, negotiation and contracting. You have a strong analytical mindset with the ability to visualize, articulate, conceptualize challenges and find feasible solutions.
We expect a high level understanding of IT infrastructure (data centers, servers, networks) and experience in analysing financial data and creating financial forecasts and reports. Next to that, you have a profound knowledge of Excel and analytics and reporting tools (Qlikview, Qliksense or similar).
Building and maintaining good relationships with new and existing suppliers is key, as well as excellent communication and negotiation skills. Strong command of English as business language (verbal and written) is a must, command of Dutch is not required, but is a plus. Ideally you have gained managerial experience in your current of previous role(s).
Apart from an excellent remuneration package with attractive secondary benefits, our client offers you the chance to be surrounded by smart and driven people in a fun and unique environment. You enjoy responsibility early in your career and you are offered continued learning and development opportunities including relevant (postgraduate) studies.
Our client believes in fostering an environment in which great ideas can be recognized as well as put into practice from anybody within the organization.
- Lead procurement team of 1-2 FTE
- Work closely with and support the technology teams with purchases of IT goods and services
- Determine and lead strategic sourcing initiatives to meet business requirements and maximize value to delivered to the business
- Evaluate bids and make recommendations based on commercial and technical factors, prepare and process purchase orders
- Support the supplier selection processes in alignment with IT stakeholders
- Lead or participate in the negotiation and administration of contracts and pricing agreements
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Analyse IT spend and provide cost analysis, cost ownership, financial reports and forecasts to enable informed decision-making
- Own the monthly reconciliation between SLA and invoices and credit notes
- Optimize and automate the internal procurement process from RFI to AP
- Establish and maintain a Goods Received process
- Create reporting suite for inventory, support and licence management
- Ensure efficient shipping, logistics and customs process management
- Act as a product owner for procurement software suite (Workday and Novatus)
- Liaise with other offices to align global procurement processes and policies
- Develop effective relationships with internal stakeholders
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in an IT services and goods procurement position, including with supplier selection, negotiation and contracting
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- High level understanding of IT infrastructure (data centers, servers, networks)
- Demonstrated experience in analysing financial data and creating financial forecasts and reports
- Profound knowledge of Excel and analytics and reporting tools (Qlikview, Qliksense or similar)
- Strong command of English as business language (verbal and written), command of Dutch is not required, but is a plus
- Education, preferably Procurement related studies
- Some managerial experience is preferred
- Interest in technology and financial markets and/ or FinTech
- Understanding of financial administration and processes
- Must be a self-starter, and able to work productively under minimal supervision
- Analytical mindset with the ability to visualize, articulate, conceptualize challenges and find feasible solutions
- Sense of urgency, ability to prioritize and sound time management skills