Talk to us
About the Client
An exciting opportunity to work for a major organisation in the Banking industry as as an IT DevOps Engineer with the possibility of having a strategic input into an international IT transformation project.
About the Job
Day-to-day you will be responsible for the development, maintenance and support of the Financial systems which include cash and liquidity management applications. Your main focus will be configuring the application settings, analysing business requirements and translating them to application design, developing new functionality in PL/SQL and Excel VB along with supporting users in the preparation, execution and evaluation of acceptance testing.
You will be involved with major testing and migration projects and contribute to a improving the automation of the IT processes overall.
Applications supported will include incident management, monitoring, capacity management, risk management and security.
There development process follows the scrum agile environment and this is strongly believed in as the process to follow for IT development. Understanding and working effectively within this environment is crucial.
You will need to have a “can do” mentality, flexibility and the desire to take ownership of your work. You will love to solve problems regarding the capacity, stability and performance of the system.
Good communications skills are very important as you will need to keep communicating with clients and partners.
Positive energy and a acollaborative approach to solving problems along with the ability to make others enthusiastic will be of benefit.
English is the working language due to the multi-cultural nature of the organisation and IT teams.
- Functional knowledge of cash or liquidity management is essential
- Experience of treasury applications like Smart Predict
- At least 4 years of software engineering experience.
- Knowledge of Oracle/SQL
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of Excel including VB macros
- Ability to translate complex business problems into technical solutions
- Ability to develop code efficiently and in a way that is maintainable
- Further desirable experience would be tooling and knowledge of continuous delivery tools; monitor tools, testing frameworks and scheduling tools would be very good to have