Financial Services, Payment Service Providers (PSP), Retail, Transaction Banking
About the Client
Our client is a global provider of payments services, technologies and risk management solutions for online and mobile businesses. The client is a leader in advanced payment technologies for over 10 years.
The business has a diversified, blue chip client base and is a trusted payment partner for customers from various e-commerce verticals. With a history in innovation, the company employs proprietary technologies and methodologies to service a stable and growing merchant client base.
About the Job
The clients business provides end-to-end payments management business solutions and also PCI compliance and cyber security business solutions. He has offices in the UK, the US, Malta, Austria, Dubai, Sweden and South Africa.
They are currently looking for a high calibre individual, with broad experience of commercial law, and a strong sense of business acumen to join our busy and growing in-house legal team based in Canary Wharf.
The role entails both high profile legal matters, such as drafting and negotiating key commercial contracts or advising the Senior Management Team and Board on legislation and compliance, as well as day to day legal affairs, whether as a source of general legal advice or on specific areas of expertise related to the business. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy the challenge of working independently in a dynamic and busy environment.
- Supporting the Head of Legal and/or Senior Legal Counsel
- Reviewing and drafting terms and conditions for customers
- Negotiating other commercial contracts with 3rd parties related to the business
- Keeping the Company abreast of legal and regulatory changes
- Supporting compliance department with relevant with relevant legislation, and assisting in compliance with card association or other payment scheme rules
- Assisting in the management of the company's intellectual property portfolio
- Assisting the Company Secretary with the preparation of corporate documentation and the Company Share Option Schemes
- Assisting with FCA Registrations and Compliance
- Assisting with legal admin shared across the department as we are growing team will play a part in the role
- The role is well rewarded with salary, bonus and share options
- A background or experience in payments or technology would be beneficial
- Company secretarial experience would also be beneficial
- Undergraduate Degree of 2:1
- Minimum of two years’ PQE in general commercial legal matters
- Demonstrable in-house experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure