About the Client
Many merchants / eCommerce outfits are finding new ways to supply their buyers/sellers with financial solutions without having to look for service providers. Why? Aside from it opening up so many avenues, it also makes business operations much easier for the customers! A one-stop shop, you could call it. And this is what Fintech is all about! Our client is a major player worldwide in the retailer and online space. Their aim is to create dynamic and innovative financial solutions for all of their services - some of these services you will be very familiar with but may not know that they are run by this large player.
About the Job
When offering new services to the market there needs to be one person who takes a step back to make sure that all requirements / potential threats are covered. This is of course the role of a Risk professional. Ideally this candidate will have had experience in a traditional bank, fintech and online payments. You would be expected to take care of all ERM, Internal Controls, Internal Audit, Info Security and of course all types of risk (reputational, fraud, liquidity, operational). The main task is to create a risk appetite and strategy that complements the products being offered to the market - this could be in the way of cards, ewallets, working capital (for example). The great thing about this function is that there are still many products to be created and the Head of Risk will be playing a major role in deciding what can be offered to the market. But don’t worry, you are not expected to do this all alone. There is a small Risk team waiting for you who all have extensive experience in the areas mentioned above.
Key Questions to Ask Yourself
- In your experience - which fintech and/or payment products, that you have introduced, have been a hit or not? and why?
- How many years have you worked in a bank, fintech or payments company?
- What has been the most challenging product that you have introduced to the market and why?
- What are your strong points out of these: ERM, Internal Controls, Internal Audit, Info Security, Reputational risk, Fraud risk, Liquidity risk, Operational risk?
- Are you a risk averse or a risk taker?
Thing to keep in Mind
- Must speak English
- The more fintech and payments focused you are, the better