About the Client
Many merchants / eCommerce outfits are finding new ways to supply their operations with financial / payment solutions without having to look for service providers. Why? Well for one it’s costwise. But more so, it opens up so many avenues! And this is what Fintech is all about! Our client is a major player worldwide in the retailer and online space. Their aim is to create dynamic and innovative financial solutions for all of their services - some of these services you will be very familiar with but may not know that they are run by this conglomerate.
About the Job
When offering new services to the market there needs to be one person who needs to hold us all back and make sure that we have all eventualities covered. This is of course the role of a Risk professional. Ideally this candidate will have had experience in a traditional bank, fintech and payment services. You would be expected to take care of all ERM, Internal Controls, Internal Audit, Info Security and of course all types of risk (reputational, fraud, liquidity, etc). The main task is to create a risk appetite and strategy that complements the products being offered to the market - this could be in the way of cards, ewallets (for example). The great thing about this function is that there are still many products to be created and the Head of Risk will be playing a major role in deciding what can be offered to the market. But don’t worry, you are not expected to do this all alone there is a small Risk team waiting for you who all have extensive experience in the areas mentioned above.
Questions to Ask Yourself
- In your experience - which fintech or payments products, that you have introduced, have been a hit or not?
- How many years have you worked in a bank, a fintech and a payments company?
- What has been the most challenging product that you have introduced to the market?
- What are your strong points out of these: ERM, Internal Controls, Internal Audit, Info Security and all types of risk (reputational, fraud, liquidity, etc)?
- Are you a risk averse or a risk taker?
Things to Keep in Mind
- Must speak English
- The more fintech and payments focused you are, the better