Payment Service Providers (PSP)
About the Client
Connecting emerging markets with established ones is one of the hot topics right now. Our client is one of the most exciting PSPs coming out of the emerging markets sector. They are now setting themselves up for European expansion and going to be located in the UK. Our partner acts as an Acquirer and Issuer in it’s homeland but offers PSP services in all other countries, and will continue to do so in Europe.
About the Job
The role is heavily focussed on the regulatory aspect of setting up an e-money outfit in the UK. Therefore, previous contact with the FCA is crucial. Despite this company having an established Risk department in their origin, the professional sat in the UK will be leading the European expansion and educating the existing team on what needs to be adhered to. Given all the recent developments in legislation (GDPR, PSD2, 4th Money Laundering Act and well … Brexit) it certainly makes this role an interesting role. All policies, procedures and processes need to be created and implemented.
Questions to Ask Yourself
- When have you previously set up eMoney products under FCA regulation?
- Which eMoney products did you previously set up and what challenges did you face?
- What do you believe are the biggest challenges currently facing this outfit?
- Have you previously set up non-EU payment companies in the EU?
- Which card schemes have you worked most closely with?
Things to Keep in Mind
- Must speak English
- Prior experience in emerging markets would be preferred