Banks, Financial Services, Fin-Tech, Technology
About the Client
A large growth sector of Fintech continues to be SME Lending. The banks remain risk averse and the number of young vibrant companies/institutions setting up continues to rise exponentially...therefore more dynamic lending partners are required. At the moment this client focuses on 2 locations with the intentions of opening up to more in the near future.
About the Job
An individual that has previously been involved in SME Lending and who has risen from underwriter up to Senior Credit Risk Manager would be perfect for the position. You will be expected to lead and guide the underwriting operations - where there is currently a team of 2, soon to be 3. You will therefore have a full overview of the Credit Risk department and be expected to build, run and develop the portfolio. This ties nicely into the next element which is working closely with the data science team, so that you can develop the product from the KPI results you produce - such as acceptance vs default differential. Should any suspicious or heavy weighted cases come through, you will have the final sign off.
Key Questions to ask yourself
- In which markets/locations have you previously worked SME Lending?
- Which SME Lending Fintechs do you believe will be a success and why?
- Why does Peer to Peer Lending differ from SME Lending?
- What is your sign off limit?
- What has been the most risky case you have underwritten and that has paid off?
Things to keep in mind
- You must be a Quick thinker, Adaptable and a clear and concise Leader
- Experience in Underwriting and Credit Risk are an absolute MUST