Mobile, Payments, POS/MPOS, Technology
About the Client
The company is a leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. They started out 5 years ago and built their payment service from scratch to shake up the industry and wake up the entrepreneur within anyone. They created a unique device that with the smartphone that’s in your pocket, allows small merchants to accept card payments anywhere. Whether the merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we want to make technology that everyone knows how to use. So the merchants can get on with what they do best.
They build their own payment solution end-to-end so that they can always offer the best value & service. The client knows how vital payment is to small business, so they use their technology to solve their problems.
About the Job
You will lead a multinational team of business development managers located mainly in Berlin but also in various other countries. You will represent the company at conferences in front of C-Levels from our various partners and will be expected to sign the largest deals yourself. However, the majority of your role will be focused on defining the partnership sales strategy, set and monitor targets for the team and work on defining and improving processes impacting the Business Development team with various departments.
In your new role, you will:
- Be responsible for originating and closing large partnerships aiming to acquire customers for the company in a scalable and profitable way
- Set targets and be accountable for the performance of the team which will ultimately define additional hiring needs
- Ensure positive ROI for all partnership channels and report results to the senior management team
- Review and build processes for the team’s interactions with other departments including CRM, Marketing, Finance and Legal
- Manage the budget and investment in any of the company four channels: Referral, Integration, Retail and Corporate partners
- Manage people with different levels of experience (from 0 to 20 years) from 6+ different nationalities
- Represent the company at international conferences and events
- 8+ years business development or management consulting experience or corresponding success and knowledge of Fintech industry
- Experience in working on partnership development in the Fintech, eCommerce or other start-up environment
- Strong negotiation skills, trustworthiness and creativity
- Excellent presentation and language skills (verbally and written) in English, other languages a plus
- Senior personality – someone who is comfortable communicating with and convincing C-level business partners with a proven track record
- Experience in managing cross-cultural teams, comfortable in solving conflicts and working across different departments
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Positive and can-do attitude
About the Offer
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Convenient location in the heart of Mitte at U-Bahn Oranienburger Tor.
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football, and yoga.
- Our team comes from 30 different countries creating a fun, international environment.
- Kicker table, beer in the fridge, German classes, and yoga in the yard + many, many more perks