Our client is the global leader in providing security, testing and certification for the financial services, ticketing and public domains. They are known for working with global industry players and been responsible for setting the standard for security and testing in multiple fields and for products that consumers and businesses deal with every day.
Right now they are looking for a Global Head of Operations who is accountable for managing the day to day activities of a global and cross functional team and ensuring the right level of processes, procedures and documentation are in place to maintain steady state.
He /she is responsible for the following functions within Technology:
- IT infrastructure
- Service & Delivery
- Business applications
He /she ensures full awareness against processes and procedures, initiate mitigation and reporting towards potential risks. The Global Head of Operations will ensure the team works within agreed guidelines and identifies areas for improvements in both the processes and technical solutions within their scope, particularly related to standardization and automation.
You will (be)...
- Responsible for day to day management and support of all activities related to the 24/7 operations of Cloud Solutions
- Accountable for the team performance according to agreed OLAs/ SLAs and to provide management input for all operational reporting.
- Responsible for coordination of resource assignment and priorities within the Operations team to ensure support and maintenance of all cloud services according to agreed service level objectives;
- Managing the IT infrastructure and operations for our client’s IMS Cloud platforms
- Managing business applications and software development tools
- Shipping our client’s products for clients and end users
- Leading improvement projects of processes and technology.
- Tracking and utilization reporting of critical IT assets within cloud infrastructure service throughout the hosting environments
- Accountable for leading operational and customer escalations, being the point of contact for support. And / or facilitate critical incident escalation activities where required
- Responsible for maintaining proactive working relationship with the business functions, Delivery teams, Service and Product teams to ensure the smooth transition of applications and services into operations
- Accountable for ensuring the quality and relevance of the operational documentation for all processes and procedures supporting Cloud operations and ensuring that all technical artifacts required to implement infrastructure solutions are developed, reviewed and approved
- Accountable for enhancing system and service end-to-end monitoring of applications, environments and infrastructure services
- Participating in vendor selection, acquisition, negotiations and contract renewal and maintenance
- 6+ years of experience managing technical teams with significant people management experience and examples of developing engineers and building successful teams
- Experience with Linux, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or a derivative
- Experience in Containerization – Kubernetes & Docker
- Experience with AWS
- Highly technical and analytical; will have a strong focus on operational excellence and quality management
- Data and metrics driven focus, both qualitative and quantitative
- Strong analytical background; comfortable in ambiguous situations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong business, operations and technical vision
Have been successful working across organizational boundaries, bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions
Experience operating mission-critical online services
Experience in an internet operational environment, including multiple data centers
Experience managing IT environments on behalf of customers
Experience as a systems administrator or software development engineer. Experience with Web services, systems administration (Linux and/or Windows), Networking, Java, Perl, Ruby and Python
Innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus. This leader will have a track record of achieving that balance
Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field