eCommerce, Payments, Risk/Fraud
About the Client
Our client is a major player is the eCommerce market and has recently developed an outstanding payments platform. To complement this they are developing a high-tech risk-scoring fraud-solution system. All of the development is going to be organic and therefore a huge opportunity for anyone looking for a challenge in which they can put their mark on an epic fraud solution. The company itself supports the retail industry and has an array of payment methods on offer suited to many different regions and countries.
About the Job
The main focus of the role is to come with new innovative ideas of how the product can be designed, structured and implemented to support a humongous customer base. Your understanding of data integrity will be key here as this data (internally or externally gathered) will be at the forefront of allowing to devise solutions. Don’t worry, you are not expected to sit writing programming language all day (there will be a product analyst who can help out here), but an understanding of how the data is extracted and manipulated will be an advantage. The types of attributes to be implemented and personalised are within machine learning, data science, behavioural analytics and other dynamic tools. If you have other ideas to bring to the table then great! The idea for yourself is to progress onto a Product Manager and also Owner type role. There will be experienced team of product specialists and scientists to support along the way. This is an all-for-one and one-for-all approach.
Key questions to ask yourself
- What has been your most successful product you have initiated and implemented to date?
- What products have you implemented? (Fraud / Payments related?)
- Do you have a more strategic or analytical approach to product management?
- Which IT languages are you strong in?
- What do you feel is the most effective fraud preventative mechanism, that can be implemented?
- What do you believe is the biggest fraud threat to retailers?
- What improvements do you feel can be made to most fraud product solutions?
Things to keep in mind
- 3+ years relevant payment fraud experience
- Previous Product Management / Development / Ownership is a must (within Fraud / Payments is a plus)