Payments, Risk/Fraud, Travel
About the Client
Our client here has solidified its place in the payment sphere by primarily offering services to the travel industry. Their core business is the issuing of virtual credit cards aka VANs (Virtual Account Numbers) - this is the main payment method used in travel for B2B payments. Due to the massive take up on this service, they are now moving into other verticals such as retail and gaming.
About the Job
Like all wonderful expansions which make payments easier, there is a large amount of legislation and policy that needs to be adhered to and created. The main duties to take care of here are the design and development of onboarding and ongoing monitoring of merchants / users performance. Therefore someone with a background in Due Diligence and KYC testing would be preferred. There will of course be a focus on AML, Financial Crime, Anti-Bribery, Fraud etc. All actions and policies will need to be in accordance with the FCA. The idea is to get as streamlined as possible. This is a company registered in the UK but is very much acting global and therefore there is a greater margin for error. Meaning that the more time spent on solving more potentially damaging transactions, the better. As that book needs to be as clean as a whistle.
Questions to Ask Yourself
- Have you previously worked in accordance with the electronic money institution?
- Have you previously worked in accordance with the FCA?
- How closely have you worked with the schemes (mainly Mastercard and VISA)?
- How extensive is your experience with writing DD and KYC procedures for a payments outfit?
- In relation to travel, have you been involved with solving any MoneyLaundering cases?
Things to Keep in Mind
- Must speak English
- The more Card Schemes and online payments focused you are, the better
- A background in travel would be appreciated