Our client is one of the fastest growing Payment companies within in Europe. They’re looking for experienced Embedded Software Engineers to join their growing team in Berlin.
- Design specification, implementation and testing of embedded software in the field of payment processing terminals.
- Technical analysis, verification and validation of the software.
- Execution of code and architecture reviews to ensure the quality of implemented solutions.
- Perform acceptance, functional, regression and exploratory testing on the platform. Take care of manual, automation tests and investigate production issues.
- Read remote system logs.
- Create test plans, test documentation and manuals.
- Commit pro-active approach within the team. Communicate and collaborate with colleagues within and outside of the Software Department to deliver best value.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in software development on embedded systems;
- Solid knowledge of the C programming language;
- Strong understanding of network communications between software components in a distributed environment.
- Experience with automation frameworks and coding skills in C
- Experience with SQL.
- Basic knowledge in Linux most common console commands for file system navigation and display, including basic system administration skills.
- Understanding of XML/HTML/JSON formats and HTTP protocol.
- Experience with test management tools (Testrail, JIRA).
- Knowledge of financial systems and card payments would be an advantage.
Soft skills required:
- Analytical and user experience thinking. Attention to detail is the base of the job.
- Proven ability of trouble shooting and investigation techniques.
- Pragmatic with a strong focus on delivery of business value.
- Open-minded and willing to learn new technologies.
- Flexible and open to change.
- Planning and organization: strong time management and organizational skills, ability to prioritize own tasks.
- Target-driven (including resilience and stress management) and able to remain focused on goals even when under pressure while maintaining an effective work pace despite challenges.
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and willing to learn.