Talk to us
Summary of This Role
Manages the activities of the payroll and HR call center functions. Develops policies and procedures for payroll process, timekeeping, documentation for new hire transactions and existing team member changes, and responses to basic eligibility and enrollment inquiries about team member benefit programs. Ensures the generation of the company payroll, including labor distribution records, vacation and sick leave accrual, overtime and withholding status. Meets all government reporting requirements for payroll taxes, withholding and employer contributions.
What Part Will You Play?
- Effectively directs and manages the payroll services department to ensure payroll processing is in compliance with federal, state and local laws, policies and procedures. Works to resolve complex issues to maintain compliance. Leads compliance efforts through Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and internal/external audits. Coordinates with HR, Finance, and Legal to develop and/or implement new policies and procedures as needed.
- Manages day to day operations of the payroll team, including payroll processing and timekeeping, data accuracy, leave and benefits administration. Reviews, reconciles and approves payroll register for accuracy and/or anomalies to ensure efficient and timely processing and delivery.
- Establishes a high performing team and leads a culture of accountability that ensures delivery of timely, quality services. Plans and manages workforce planning, schedules, headcount and structure. Recommends team structure and budget requirements. Monitors quality and timeliness of work and provides constructive and timely feedback.
- Executes the overall payroll strategy, focusing on continuous improvement, simplification, and automation. Develops and evaluates measurements and metrics to gauge effectiveness of the processes and systems. Creates plans to address trends and issues.
- Manages vendor relationships to strengthen and improve overall vendor management.
- Supports long term strategy to determine future opportunities to integrate processes globally. Researches, plans, implements, and oversees international payroll to include provider selection and management.
- Not an exhaustive list; other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: related field of study from an accredited university is required; however, relevant experience in lieu of a degree may be considered
- Typically a minimum of 10 years
- Related professional experience including a minimum of 5-6 years experience in a managerial position
- Prior TSYS, payment or technology industry experience is preferred
- Master's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: related field of study from an accredited university