Our client is one of Europe’s fastest growing payment companies currently looking to grow their
As the Delivery Lead you are accountable for driving and delivering our client’s most complex and challenging cross team engineering initiatives from inception into production.
The role will require working cross-functionally and collaboratively with Engineering, Product, Operations and Infrastructure teams to plan, choreograph and coordinate large software systems with high quality, and at incredible speed. You will know our client’s team’s technologies and dependencies and have their backs by making these transparent across teams. You will have an eagle eye for ensuring dependent teams are not broken by upstream changes.
You will have a strong engineering, product centric and agile background. You can take a holistic view of the architecture and deep dive into technical details, assess what’s really going on and offer guidance and direction to assure delivery, and quickly establish credibility and rapport with stakeholders and our most technical teams. You will have clear, concise and compelling communication skills with the ability to tune your message and hold your ground to resonate with execs, stakeholders or engineers. You will have strong evidence of influence, leadership and delivery across several complex product development initiatives using Agile practices at scale.
- Responsible for the overall milestone planning, execution, delivery and release of our largest and most complex cross-team engineering initiatives into production.
- Coordinate and choreograph delivery across engineering teams and manage to plan.
- Identify, diagnose and remove cross-team impediments so teams can deliver.
- Provide direction and guidance of scaled agile practices across teams.
- Negotiate scope and manage trade-offs for delivery and cost/benefit process improvement decisions.
- Manage and facilitate cross-team ceremonies (standups, retrospectives, reporting etc).
- Relentlessly focus on improving and maintaining deliveries across teams.
- Establish and manage to KPIs.
- Facilitate a collaborative, open and transparent environment.
- Manage progress, risks and issues with teams and stakeholders.
- Proactively communicate with stakeholders and our community to explain what’s going on.
Skills and Experience:
- Several experiences of managing and delivering complex software and challenging cross-team initiatives from inception to production deployment.
- A passion and track record in developing outstanding technical teams in fast-paced environments including sustainable improvements to throughput, quality and overall performance.
- More than 5 years of experience as hands-on technical leader with deep knowledge in Software
- Engineering, progressive Agile techniques and delivery practices (XP, DevOps, and CD etc).
- Practical and pragmatic experience of applying a variety of Agile techniques in different environments, and at scale.
- Demonstrate a progression of scope and variety of leadership, technical and delivery challenges.
- Persuasive and compelling communication skills
- Proven ability to influence and persuade stakeholders - indirect management, diplomacy and facilitating compromise
- Highly analytical and data driven.
- Master’s degree in computer science or an equivalent education.