Our client is coding the future of commerce with a leading platform powered by artificial intelligence and big data. Founded and developed by data scientists and aerospace engineers, they have one critical mission: make commerce safe. The world’s largest banks, payment providers and retailers use this machine learning technology to manage risks associated with banking and shopping, whether it’s in person, online or via mobile devices.
You are a curious person, driven by the willing of wanting to learn and looking for answers for challenging problems. You are a good-humored team player, someone who’s reliable and accountable. You care for the quality of your work and for the success of the product you help developing.
- Understanding the data which our clients provide to us
- Cleaning that data and validating that it is correct
- Preprocessing the data, usually by using a mixture of shell scripts and a programming language such as Python, Java, Scala, etc
- Iteratively computing features and tuning parameters to improve the quality of the model
- Communicating your findings to the project manager and assisting him/her in decision making on the Data Science part of the project
- Work together with the data scientists and engineers from our clients
- A minimum of 30% travel is required
- Masters Degree
- Proficient in Machine Learning (training and testing, avoiding overfit, etc.)
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop and related
- Proficiency in bash, Python and either Java or Scala
- Knowledge of resource monitoring and runtime optimization (both at JVM and OS level) - knowledge of statistics or data visualization is a plus
- Knowledge of Random Forests is a plus
- Ability to communicate your findings in a clear way