Talk to us
We are looking for a Data Engineer to work within banking, providing both internal and external stakeholders with clear and accurate information relating to a Program within Management Information.
As the Data Engineer, you will contribute to maintaining and building new MI reports. There is an urgency in this program and it's crucial you are able to operate within a high-pressure environment effectively and be able to generate correct, firm conclusions on the basis of the applied data, data definitions and applied logic. You will be involved with conducting and composing daily MI reports as required.
- Preferably an academic background in a technical field and has experience in data visualization
- Can work independently and provide make a contribution to gaining insights from data through providing oral and written notes
- Financial sector experience
- Able to decompose problems into logical mathematical rules (logic) that meets clear definitions.
- Has basic knowledge of statistics and can intuitively interact with figures and numbers
- Sufficient SQL knowledge (minimum 1-year experience)
- Experience performing selections on tables and linking tables by using specific filters and joins
- Rewriting and restructuring of complex SQL queries so that the standardized and automated operation
- Thorough knowledge in Excel: able to work on Complex "IF" -statements in Excel, understand and rewrite
- Experience with database connection strings for connecting to SQL
- Python knowledge is a plus: develop Python scripts and the knowledge and skills to make small adjustments to these scripts
If this Data Engineer position is appealing to you, please respond to me directly and send a copy of your CV for review in the first instance.
Andrew Mullineux - Business Leader Contracts
Tel: +31 (0) 203 030 257