Fin-Tech, Payment Service Providers (PSP), Payments
We’re looking for someone to drive the strategy, production and key development of the Platform with a hands-on approach, the ability to lead technology teams of internal and externals both on & offshore whilst conceptualising new ways of structural improvement. The role will be extremely varied, and you’ll be joining a leading Payment Service Provider with incredibly ambitious development plans. If you want to shape the future of a disruptive platform, this is the role for you.
Responsibilities of CTO
Reporting to CEO and sitting on the Board, the CTO is responsible for leading on the technical vision and will represent the company on all technical aspects to the clients, partners, and relevant regulators. The CTO will take business driven commercial requirements and communicate them to the engineering teams to inform technical advances.
The CTO will lead, direct and manage multiple teams of extremely technically capable engineers and will inspire and direct them to achieve highly innovative products and solutions.
The CTO will be able to demonstrate significant previous success in leading teams to develop cutting edge product (Software and hardware) and technology setup as well as having held a similar position as VP Engineering or CTO. The CTO should have experience of working in a modern tech driven company with experience in Agility, Dev/Ops and the latest CI/CD practices.
The CTO will also be responsible for the operation and performance of the platform with high availability targets.
This is a senior management position with significant influence and input to the strategic and technical direction of the company and the successful candidate will have the gravitas and credibility to make a productive contribution to the commercial success of the company.
Achieving performance and delivery KPIs within budget and timescales set with the business community. Daily performance of technological operations and working closely with the COO to ensure the customer centric approach to payment processing and service delivery is achieved.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
Strong leadership and management capability-directly relevant experience of having managed an engineering team
Pragmatically dealing with technical debt plus ensuring that the platform evolves to deliver industry leading performance and functionality
Strong problem solving skills with commercial awareness
Excellent management & delivery skills
Board level communication and presentation skills.
Comfortable with travel (both within Europe and internationally to the regions)
- The CTO leads the IT organizations in his scope, will define the multi-platform strategy and tactical vision and is accountable for the delivery & platform effectiveness and efficiency of his/her teams and platforms.;
- The CTO will work closely with the CEO, COO and other members of the CTO Chapter and Executive Team to define, grow and maintain the main technical competencies within the organization. This includes the core technical competencies, as well as the specification, design, development testing
- Manage the budget of all technology platforms and organizations in the CTO scope
- Continue to evolve the agile technology environment to improve time to market and quality;
- Deliver the technology roadmap to support a 3-5 year of structural innovation;
- implement and manage the complete software development life cycle from requirements to technical delivery to support & improvement;
- Oversight and coordination of all Tribes: including Cards Acquiring, Alternative Payment Methods, Fraud, Reconciliation Reporting, Financial Operations, Platform Performance & Stability;
- Transform the existing Biz/Dev organization based on the Spotify Principles to a full Biz/Dev/Ops delivery organization
- Responsible for working with the technical architecture teams and implementation decisions (i.e. solutions architect) and ensuring that relevant stakeholders are involved in discussions;
- Working with third partners; including suppliers, regulators and others
- Support company-wide R&D initiatives including incorporation of new technologies;
- Responsible for managing IT and infrastructure taking into consideration performance, cost, security and usability;
- Work with the existing exceptional team around you to build simple, scalable and innovative payment experiences; and
- Commercially aware of market dynamics, competitor landscape and customer need. Develop key stakeholder relationships with Sales, Product, Risk and Finance to ensure technological plans fit with the wider business strategy.
- Define appropriate IT, data protection and security policies, and ensure full compliance globally
- Passionate and ambitious team;
- Spotify inspired organization;
- Be responsible for maintaining, building and developing your own teams;
- Build and develop a business with a social agenda
- Fast-paced, global leader in a dynamic market;
- Significant personal responsibility and creative freedom; and
- Attractive compensation package
Should I Apply?
You will have a strong technical background and IT management experience including a full understanding of CI/CD best practices & Agility. Prior work in similar or overlapping sectors is of significant benefit. As a tech maestro, you will bring knowledge and creative thinking and will have a high degree of autonomy and ownership when it comes to defining and proposing improvements of the product. Ideally, you’ll have most of the following:
- Fintech background would be an advantage but not essential;
- Experience with Agile (Scrum, KanBan);
- Organization redesign experience;
- Significant experience with CI/CD and Dev/Ops best practices;
- Prior experience in high performance real time transactional environments
- Prior experience as Head of Technology/CTO or equivalent at a rapidly growing or innovative large company;
- Relevant experience includes the successful development and launch of a least one payment solution, ideally in the fintech space;
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of the software development life cycle;
- 6+ years of experience in building and developing tech businesses;
- A track record of leading (ideally) and scaling effective technology teams;
- You appreciate well-structured code base that's maintainable, scalable, testable, and flexible;
- Managing & optimizing for quality and delivery;
- Experience of AWS;
- JAVA, Spring(boot), Ab Initio, C,
- SQL and NoSQL/ MySQL knowledge;
- Experience working RESTful web services;
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies, applications and environments;
- Leadership skills;
- Good English skills in reading and writing; and
- A completed technical degree in Computer Science or a related field