Acquirers, Financial Services, Fin-Tech, Payment Service Providers (PSP), Risk/Fraud
About the Client
Our client is an established acquirer and PSP that focuses on both high and low risk markets. They are one of the most exciting prospects on the market right now. Their focus is to offer an advanced fast secure solution that allows their merchants to thrive in a market that offers so much opportunity.
About the role
This acquirer is obtaining new merchants more and more each year and therefore requires enhanced streamlined processes to maintain that the onboarding process is fast and simple for its merchants. In order for this to be the case, the team needs a Credit Underwriter who can manage the onboarding and develop even more efficient procedures. Think KYC, Due Diligence, Card Schemes, Financials, AML, etc.... The SLAs need to be as concise as possible. During this role, you will also have interaction with other teams such as sales; who you will coordinate with to make sure that the merchants to be onboarded are within the risk appetite of the business.
Key Questions to ask yourself?
- How deep is your knowledge of Visa and Mastercard?
- Have you already been an underwriter within payments? If so, what was the size of the largest merchant you onboarded? What was the average size of a merchant you onboarded?
- What do you believe are the biggest challenges when onboarding a merchant?
- Do you have experience working with local financial authorities?
- How deep is your knowledge of AML regulation in relation to the EU?
Things to keep in mind
- 2+ years experience in an underwriting role (ideally with an acquirer)
- Attention to detail is a must!
- English is a must