eCommerce, Payment Service Providers (PSP)
About the Client
Our client, a major player Payment Services Provider in Europe, offers e-merchants a secure online payment solution, with exclusive tools that greatly optimize conversion rates. Their goal is to support e-merchants internationally through an eCommerce-enabled payment solution. This solution covers all the essential aspects that your future customers need. Local and international payments (more than a hundred available, integration with major payment solutions worldwide EMV, Ideal, Klarna Qiwi ...), a high-performance fraud management tool, relationship management with banks and acquirers, customizable payment page, fast integration. In addition, everything is done internally to guarantee customers fast, efficient and aggressive support in terms of price.
To support their growth, they are now looking for a new Portugal Country Manager.
About the Job
- You are responsible for growing the company’s business in the Portuguese market with P&L responsibility
- Manage the existing team in place ( IT, Sales, Admin, support = total 8 people)
- Develops both new business and current accounts through business development research to create growth in sales.
- You will determine priorities for the market together with Product, Marketing, Legal, Risk, and IT.
- You are responsible for closing company shaping deals and partnerships that accelerate their market position.
- As part of your role you will work with the company C-level and the rest of the team to hit weekly and monthly milestones. You are in it together with us, good times and bad.
- You demonstrate high quality leadership skills and ability to coach, mentor and train team members to ensure they are operating at maximum efficiency to achieve targets
- You do the above by tracking and measuring staff performance
- You have an understanding of the company’s financial performance
- You have an academic background in business, finance, technology or another related field of study
- You have had budget and personnel responsibility as part of a project, company or startup
- You are well connected in the Portuguese Payment Industry
- You have brought a financial product to the market before, preferably in the B2B space
- You have significant experience in closing deals and partnerships over the phone and face to face on a tight time schedule
- You are comfortable working directly with the founders and members of the whole company and can lead multi-functional teams towards shared objectives
- You are a highly energetic self-starter and are used to fast moving environments
- You are capable of finding solutions to known and unknown problems
- You can be an individual contributor and team leader at the same time
- You are ready to start your journey with us ASAP, preferably immediately
- Native Portuguese and fluent in English