Blockchain/Crypto, Compliance , Payments
About the Client
As a part of the Cryptocurrency boom (or decline, depending on the day), I am currently supporting a well established Cryptocurrency payments institution that has a presence worldwide. Their presence in Europe isn’t as large as in other locations but it is now beginning to surge. This is an industry under close watch, especially since it is ‘not regulated’. Therefore if you can take on a Compliance role in this sector and succeed, you are sure to push on to greater things!
About the role
To support the Chief Compliance Officer, they are seeking a Compliance Officer to take care of the whole European Compliance programme and with that all relationships with European regulators.
In an ever changing landscape of new and revised regulation, the role of a Compliance professional becomes more and more imperitive to the success of a payments organisation. Products offered are often similar as well as the markets they are present in but what can really make the difference is their adherence to the regulations. If the Compliance team is aware of how all regulations affect the business and products they offer then that can be the key to the competitive edge. In this role you will be in charge of the Complianc & Legal function within Europe as well as overseeing the Risk Controls. In this role you will be expected to take care of:
- Acting as the advisor of compliance and regulatory risk and educate departments on how they will be effected and can find opportunity within
- Play a key role in deciding the products to be offered and the countries to be operate in
- Define the controls that the business operates by
- Implement clear and concise policies relating to AML / CFT, KYC / DD and economic sanctions
- Be the representitive of the business when it comes to Compliance and Risk forums / commitees
- Have an understanding of scheme compliance
- Hold the regulatory relationships with CSSF and other european regulators
- You must speak English
- Experience in the payments industry is a big plus
- Legal background is desired