Talk to us
About the Client:
A global member-owned cooperative and the world’s leading provider of secure financial messaging services.
With messaging platform, products and services that connects more than 11,000 banking and securities organizations, market infrastructures and corporate customers in more than 200 countries and territories.
About the Job:
We are looking for a Commercial Manager that will report directly to the Head of Sales and Business Development for Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, and the Southern Cone who is based in Miami, Florida. We are looking to achieve aggressive growth in the Americas marketplace. To achieve this, a number of activities are required in 2017 and beyond, which require Latin American banking and securities expertise, with specific expertise within the biggest markets such as Colombia, Venezuela and Argentina.
- Add his / her sales, technical and project management expertise to the commercial discussion with a view to assist customers implementing their projects and infrastructure improvements.
- Serve as account manager for clients composed mainly by Banks, asset managers, broker dealers, and Corporates
- Other areas of focus will be regional initiatives in the securities and clearing space such as the integration of the local securities market in Colombia, MILA. and others.
- Partner with colleagues to drive the strategy in the region by delivering on country strategies, offering technical and market expertise.
- Work in coordination with other sales teams/market experts based in Miami, and NY.
- Provide support for the execution and implementation of large deals and projects with the local Market Infrastructures. (Up to 20% project management operations will be required)
- Identify customer needs and market opportunities to achieve business growth by building and maintaining long term customer relationships. Help implement community initiatives.
- Implement plans / projects/ initiatives towards assigned sales accounts by coordinating and tracking all activities.
- Liaise with other divisions/departments, commercial team managers and members in order to provide a coordinated service and integrated solution to assigned sales accounts
- Prepare and execute strategic documents per sector as well as individual account plans for the larger relationships under your responsibility.
- Acquire and maintain skills and knowledge of company products/services and initiatives.
The successful candidate for this role will have knowledge of the Financial Industry landscape and have established relationships at very senior levels of management within the financial institutions assigned to their coverage. This candidate should also have extensive sales and project management experience and a clear understanding of company products and services strategy.
- Education - University degree or equivalent, Master’s degree desirable
- Spanish native speaker; Fluent spoken and written English
- At least 15 years’ experience in the financial industry in a sales and business development role preferably with some management experience.
- Must come with a very strong portfolio of Senior level contacts within the financial industry together with proven experience in working with these individuals to implement important strategic initiatives.
- Strong customer focus and business acumen. Strong planning and analytical skills.
- Highly confident self-starter and ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to travel both within the U.S. and abroad.
- Willingness to learn and expand knowledge
- Excellent working knowledge of the payments and securities space as well as current trends in each of these industries.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues from other teams, geographies and cultures
- Ability to deliver clear, concise and convincing written and verbal communications.