About the Job
- Drive profitable growth internationally
- Manage 5 direct reports and lead and continuously grow and develop the 5 commercial teams (currently about 35 FTE(: Corporate Clients, Partnerships, Business Clients, Implementation Management & Delivery and Belgium.
- Reach volume, profitability, new business, retention and market share targets by initiating and implementing a wide variety of commercial strategies and activities.
- Key contributor to the vision to become the best known, most respected and most innovative provider of payment solutions in Europe.
- Align optimally with company shareholders.
- Align optimally with other departments to ensure utmost end-to-end customer relevance and internal effectiveness.
- Act as subject matter expert on all commercial issues, leads key negotiations and interacts with key customers and prospects.
- Continuously monitor the commercial payment market by building relationships with key industry participants including the international payment schemes.
- Implement sales and account management process improvements by constantly reviewing tools, processes, channel strategies, reporting methods, infrastructure.
- Report to the General Manager & CEO
- A Master degree, MBA is preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position; leading and developing multiple commercial teams within Payments.
- Track record in growing results by developing new business opportunities around introducing features, products and increasing customer relevance and bonding.
- Strong team manager making people successful and motivating and managing the performance of individuals to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates wide awareness of commercial issues. Identifies and sizes business opportunities.
- Has demonstrated adaptation to changing circumstances, accepting new ideas and driving new initiatives.
- Exposure to international environment and working effectively with multi-task teams abroad.
- Strong Individual and Team player; comes across credibly, influences others’ opinions and attitudes.
- Builds a network, works effectively with others towards shared objectives in a matrix organisation.
- Takes a long-term perspective and perceives wider implications of all issues and activities.
- Generates detailed strategies and plans in which objectives are clearly defined and the steps required to achieve them are specified.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Handles easily information and data.
- Uses logic effectively to draw sound conclusions.
- Makes rational judgement based upon considerations of facts and options available.
- Displays a strong personality, enthusiasm and a desire to grow professionally in a challenging environment.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.