We are now recruiting a “Chief Technology Officer” for a very successful Payments Service Provider (PSP) which continues to grow at a rapid pace. The main markets they operate in are eCommerce, Retail, digital goods or Gaming spaces. You will see them supporting merchants of all sizes ranging from leading e-Commerces to smaller digital players with their fantastic omni-channel offering which allows them to service merchants globally, online but also in-store. A perfect one-stop solution.
Our client in past 5 years has disrupted the market by creating one of the most advanced platform technologically and are now one of the top three players in the industry. With a global approach to payments and cross border business that is key to growth. Following successful expansion and the opening of offices in several key markets they are ready go in depth in several new markets, hiring top talent from these areas.
As part of their strategy, they are now looking for a brilliant CTO to head up a team of 80+ people based in 2 offices. We are looking for someone to join our senior leadership team, and be a key stakeholder in the future of the business. You will need to be extremely driven, and to demonstrate an ability to learn their domain fast. You will be playing a key role in building - and communicating internally and externally - the vision for our technology. This will also include working with senior management to ensure that technology is at the forefront of driving the business, and is our key differentiator in the increasingly competitive world of online and offline payment.
What are we looking for?
Tech and business skills:
- High skilled in new technologies, data analytics and machine learning tech
- Experience in Tech development, coding and operations;
- Experience within eCommerce or payment, fintech, financial saas technologies needed
- Familiar with a variety of business concepts;
- Master Degree in science or engineering is a must;
- Experience in working with Digital / Start-ups environment;
Project management skills :
- Planning, risks anticipation and mitigation, interdependencies, stakeholder’s management, pragmatism, capacity to “manage the unknown” and shepherd the team daily;
- Experience in management of projects in an international and multi-cultural context and transversal teams
- Spotiy model, ScrumBan, Kanban, Scrum ceremonies and other agile techniques used in high tech environment. They believe that everything related to the product and the customer relationship must be done internally to iterate quickly and get the best possible service. Thus, they will manage the infrastructure, interfaces, production and applications internally.
Presentation skills (verbal/ written) :
- Ability to synthetize and make information appealing;
- Ability to sump-up and communicate complex information to all levels of the organization and external partners, across functional areas and revert back
- Proficiency in French and English are necessary
Soft skills :
- A driven self-learner
- Ability to cope with ambiguity and fast-paced environments
- Ability to understand business needs
- Great sense of initiative and autonomy
- Versatility, team-spirit and empathy