Purpose of the role:
The Business tribe lead is responsible for leading a team of product managers and product owners to maximize the value of product delivery for our clients (merchants or internal clients). The business area is Cards acquiring processing (credit and debit cards worldwide).
This fundamental role in product deliveries is in close collaboration with other functions such as IT Tribe lead and other Business Tribe leads.
The tribe lead has an overview of the product portfolio Cards acquiring: Planning, priorities, business value and aims to identify and solve problems in those areas early in the development chain. The tribe lead understands the cards portfolio and are able to steer long-term strategy together with your team.
Deliverables / Tasks:
- People management. Hierarchically responsible for Product Managers, Product Owners within the Tribe (international group of 8 people).
- Define vision & strategy for the Tribe, focusing on tactical deliveries.
- Own the Tribe Level Product Backlog and roadmap including prioritization
- Accountable for maximizing the business value delivered by the tribe
- Foster a collaborative environment that tears down silos between groups, particularly between Business and IT teams.
- Decide on priority in case of PO conflicts within the Tribe
- Alignment with senior stakeholders and other key initiatives on the direction of the Business area
- Research, gather and define cost efficient, accurate and innovative products within the business area
- Align Vision, Strategy and backlog with other Tribe leads to work towards a common goal and overall company strategy.
- Initiate and implement process improvements around the way-of-working. Continuous improvement.
- Up to date knowledge about payment service provider industry & payment landscape. Relevant working experience in the payments or & (FIN) tech industry
- A good understanding of the Agile Method and the scrum framework
- Masters’ degree in education related to business area (i.e. economics, business, IT, technical studies)
Other significant role requirements:
- Excellent English language skills (both verbal and written).
- Willing and able to work fulltime
- Willing and able to travel occasionally
- Able to work in a role that combines both strategic and operational tasks in a highly dynamic organization
- Take a pragmatic and professional approach, being constructive and solution driven appropriate solutions in the best interest of the business
- Strong analytical skills, able to effectively process and structure large amounts of information
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills. Able to communicate with both technical and non-technical staff at all levels in the organization, including senior management
- Quick learner; able to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing and demanding environment
- Ability to manage own time, workload and conflicting priorities
- A natural leader that creates support and is comfortable in taking decisions based on input from stakeholders and product vision
- A strong team player, who supports the team and puts team and business objectives first