Company: Our client is a trusted provider of technical training and consulting, technology design, test tools and certification testing. It enables customers to bring seamless card and mobile transactions services to market effectively and confidently using secure chip or cloud-based solutions. It works across the payment, telecom, transit and identity sectors, with 11 offices around the world, serving more than 3,000 clients.
Mission: performed at Seoul, Korea and under the responsibility of the APAC Sales VP, we are looking for a new Business Developer F/M.
- Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers to understand requirements.
- Coordinate with technical teams to provide product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information to customer queries.
- Establish new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Conduct detailed customer requirements, discovery and analysis
- Refine and research technical requirements of the opportunity
- Take charge of development and delivery of product demonstrations
- Promote company products and services to customers at trade events (trade fairs, forums ...), via e-mails or webinars, as appropriate
- Act as an interface between the Sales department and technical staff for product management and development
- Work closely with engineering on customer requirements and new product direction
- Promote new and innovative approaches to addressing business challenges and problems
- Prepare sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintain a broad-level of knowledge of industry trends and how the organisation’s products and services add value
- Participate in local industry trade associations
- Providing training to channel partners
- Ensure on time sales reporting
- Ensure customer verification is done before the sale is complete
Job Related Knowledge (required experience, diploma, certification)
- 6 to 8+ years’ experience in Sales Engineer role in Information Technology (technical products/ services)
- Solid knowledge of payment technologies
- Keen understanding of new technology payment business models and profitability drivers
- Roles must balanced by a familiarity with technologies and systems used in payment, mobile and e-commerce, transit, NFC, authentication, remote payments
- Experiences in retail banking, card schemes or transit, new payment technologies service provider that are applicable to the payment industry will be a major plus
- Native Korean language is a must, fluent in spoken and written business English
Technical Skills (required/desired)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, including the ability to interact with senior executives
- Good analytical skills, not just for problem analysis, but to use technical acumen for reviewing appropriateness of technical or project documents and in integrating systems solutions
- Be able to communicate complex, technical concepts in a focused and well organized manner
- Excellent oral and written communicationDemonstrated ability to make and take responsibility for decisions on major technical issuesExcellent negotiation and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner
- Resilience and ability to handle stressful situations effectively while managing several tasks
- Must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Able to travel throughout sales territory
Starting at the latest: ASAP
Location: Seoul, Republic of Korea
Contract: Permanent contract, full time