We are seeking a Business Development Representative in Korea (Seoul) to create business opportunities and generate new deals to our client in the Payment business. It is very important to have an entrepreneurial spirit and self-driven mentality grow this business. This role will focus on building new partnerships and collaboration with implementation, product and marketing teams.
Core business for this role
- Hunter: Develop new leads and offer all of our client’s products/ services;
- Persistence: Constantly pitching value proposition at trade shows and meetings;
- Negotiation: Understand the interworking’s of contract negotiations by the country
- Knowledge & Relationship: Maintains a strong understanding of the competitive landscape, business strategy and growth opportunities; builds lasting and beneficial relationships with partners and other industry participants;
- Team Player: Partners with and influences a cross-functional team internally (e.g. risk, product, marketing) to support growth initiative and deal execution;
- Leadership: Proven experience leading by example (exhibiting integrity, enthusiasm, and commitment) and fostering collaboration throughout organizations’
- Travel is required.
- Undergraduate Degree; MBA a plus.
- 4+ years total work experience with 3+ years building strategic partnerships, preferably within a high growth company.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including developing relationships, negotiating, and building influence.
- Savvy understanding of commercial legal contracts and ability to navigate legal issues.
- Creative and strategic thinker with exceptional analytical skills; metric-driven decision making.
- Experience communicating and collaborating with product, engineering and operations teams.
- Self-starter comfortable in an entrepreneurial setting; ability to prioritize and deliver results in a fast paced and dynamic environment, within a small, lean team.
- Bilingual; Korean + English a must.
- Global Payments Foundation: Knowledge of the challenges of the global payments ecosystem
- Experience in financial services, digital marketing or E-Commerce.
- Must have Valid Passport and willing to travel (up to 20% of the time).
- Technical know how from a pre sales perspective is very much desired