Cards, Fin-Tech, Retail
The BD Director is the individual who is responsible for the promotion of Client products and services and will ensure that there are adequate resources to provide technical expertise to aid the delivery of new payment solution sales opportunities within a new and existing client base. The role will work to agreed targets and support the delivery of demonstrable results, including new transactional/monetary volume alongside a clear documented activity plan.
The BD Director’s role encapsulates several specific responsibilities including:
- Build strong relationships with existing and prospective banking partners to identify and deliver new business opportunities in the form of incremental transactions. Relationships will include senior decision makers, product and portfolio managers in the commercial card sector.
- Promotion of the Client product range through close liaison with new and existing partners to assist them in driving Client sales.
- Identify new opportunities for product expansion and to make recommendations on the most effective solutions by identifying and resolving any technical issues.
- To participate in the evaluation and roll-out of new products and services to clients, providing training in the use of these systems and applications.
- To monitor and summarise partner performance based on agreed transactional targets and recommend appropriate actions where deviations occur.
- To document all relevant information in the administration systems provided to enable associates to monitor pipeline information.
- To maintain awareness of competitor capability and activity in order that Client retains the leading edge and revenue generation is maximised.
Key skills and attributes
- Ability to work independently and proactively meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to understand partners’ business requirements and analyse user issues and communicate them to appropriate personnel
- Communicate to all level of management, internal and customer facing
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and strong organisational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects concurrently
- The ability to develop new business opportunities within new and existing customer base
- Implementation coordination
- Project management
- A strong level of and experience in banking processes and financial detail
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty efficiently and independently. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required;
- 5 years’ experience in Financial Services industry,
- Proven ability to analyse, test, and troubleshoot medium - complex technical issues,
- Preferred experience in: Financial Services, Card Payments, wider payments environment, travel product knowledge, GDS, Expense management systems, Project Management, product development and enhancement.